Sidhu Moose Wala was an Indian rapper, singer and songwriter. He worked predominantly in Punjabi-language music and cinema. He is generally regarded to have been one of the greatest Punjabi artists of his generation and to many, amongst the greatest Punjabi artists of all time. Moreover, he was considered a key figure in opening the door for Punjabi artists into mainstream music. Sidhu rose to the mainstream with his track “So High”. In 2018, he released his debut album PBX 1, which peaked at number 66 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. His singles “47” and “Mera Na” were ranked on the UK Singles Chart. In 2020, he was named by The Guardian among 50 up and coming artists. Sidhu also became the first Punjabi and Indian singer to perform at Wireless Festival and won four awards at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu
Sidhu Moose Wala, 5911
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Politician
Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, Punjabi, R&B
5911 Records, T-Series, Humble
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sidhu Moose Wala was born on the 1st of November 1997, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
On 29 May 2022, Wala was shot dead (aged 28) by unidentified assailants in his car in Jawaharke village of Mansa district.
He has Indian ancestry.
Sidhu attended Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, and in 2016, graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering. He received training for music skills from Harvinder Bittu in Ludhiana.
- Father – Balkaur Singh
- Mother – Charan Kaur
- Siblings – Gurpreet Sidhu (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sidhu Moose Wala has dated –
- Amandeep Kaur – Amandeep Kaur, who is a Canadian PR was engaged with Sidhu and in April 2022, they were set to get married. The marriage was later rescheduled to November 2022 after he lost the Punjab Assembly elections. In 2020, Their match was reportedly done.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 188 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Sidhu became known as a Indian singer, rapper, songwriter, actor, and politician. He had released several hit tracks and albums such as So High, PBX 1, Moosetape, Jatt Da Muqabala, Dollar, Famous, B-Town, Dhakka (ft. Afsana Khan), Bambiha Bole (with Amrit Maan), Snitches Get Stitches, GOAT, 47, and Moosedrilla (with Divine).
In 2019, Wala had her first film onscreen role in the movie, Teri Meri Jodi as Jeona.
In 2017, Wala released his first song G Wagon. Later that year, Moose had his breakthrough with the song So High, a gangster rap with music producer Byg Byrd.
In December 2018, Wala actively campaigned for his mother, Charan Kaur, who won the sarpanch election from Moosa village. On 3 December 2021, Moose Wala joined the Indian National Congress to contest the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election. Nazar Singh Manshahia, the Congress MLA from Mansa, revolted and opposed Moose Wala’s candidacy. Obtaining only 20.52% votes from the Mansa constituency, Moose Wala lost to Aam Aadmi Party’s Vijay Singla by a margin of 63,323 votes
On 11 April 2022, Moose released a song titled Scapegoat, in which he laments his failure in the 2022 Punjab state assembly elections. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) claimed that Moose Wala through his song insinuated that the voters of Punjab were “gaddar” for electing the AAP. They also claimed that Moose Wala’s song perpetuates the Indian National Congress’ “anti-Punjab” mentality and demanded an answer from the party’s state unit president, Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, on whether he endorsed Moose Wala’s views.
According to police, the Lawrence Bishnoi gang initially claimed responsibility for the murder in an unverified Facebook post, which Bishnoi denied making, but is being held by the Punjab Police as of June 2022 and is considered the “mastermind” by officials in the murder.
According to police, at around 4:30 pm, Sidhu left his house with his cousin Gurpreet Singh and neighbor Gurwinder Singh. Moose Wala was driving his black Mahindra Thar SUV. He was going to his aunt’s house in Barnala. At 5:30 when the SUV reached the village Jawaharke, two other cars intercepted and blocked it. hirty rounds were fired during the incident, which also injured two other men. Moose Wala also fired back at the attackers using his pistol. After the shootout, the attackers left the scene. His father took Moose Wala to the civil hospital in Mansa, where he was declared dead.
Moose was among the 424 people whose police security was reduced or entirely removed the day before, in preparation for the anniversary of Operation Blue Star, leaving him with two commandos only, as compared to four earlier. At the time of the incident, Moose Wala was travelling in his private car accompanied by two others instead of his bullet-proof vehicle with the police commandos. According to his friends, Moose Wala did not take his security along with him, as his Thar SUV that he chose to drive could not accommodate five people.
Sidhu Moose Wala Net worth
Sidhu Moose Wala has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sidhu Moose Wala
- Instagram – sidhu_moosewala
- Twitter – Sidhu Moose Wala
- YouTube Channel – Sidhu Moose Wala
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sidhu Moose Wala
- Shubhdeep was born to his parents in village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India. His mother is Sarpanch of the village Moosa.
- He was in 6th standard when he started listening to hip-hop music. Sidhu had performed at the DAV College fest in Chandigarh, India.
- On October 18, 2018, Sidhu released his debut studio album PBX 1 via T-Series and it included songs like Jatt Da Muqabala, Badfella, Devil, Death Route, I’m Better Now, and Trend.
- In 2019, PBX 1 was awarded the Best Album Award by the Brit Asia TV Music Awards. The album PBX 1 was released under the banner of the T-Series music company.
- One of his musical influences had been the late American rapper, Tupac Shakur.
- On 31 August 2020, Sidhu Moose Wala officially launched his own record label titled 5911 Records.
- In 2020, his song Tibeyan Da Putt was ranked at the 8th position on the Apple Music charts in India and was ranked at the top of the iTunes charts.
- On 3 December 2021, Wala started his political career by joining the Indian National Congress in the ministry of Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi and PPCC President Navjot Singh Sidhu.
- In July 2022, Sidhu was 3rd most googled Asian celebrity as per Google’s Mid-Year Search 2022 list released.
- On 29 May 2022, Moose was shot dead in his Thar jeep in the village Jawaharke of Mansa district in Punjab by unidentified assailants when he was going to meet his relatives.
- In August 2022, Candian rapper Drake launched a Sidhu Moose Wala tee in memory of Sidhu. The funds generated from the sale of the t-shirts were sent to the family of Sidhu in order to give them the final authority on where to donate the funds.