Shama Sikander is an Indian actress who is best recognized for her lead roles in TV series like Yeh Meri Life Hai and groundbreaking web content like the short film Sexaholic and the mini-series Maaya: Slave of Her Desires. Sikander has appeared in numerous Bollywood films including starting her career with the 1999 Aamir Khan starrer Mann. Her next release the much awaited Bollywood thriller Bypass Road.
Shama Sikander Gesawat
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shama Sikander was born on the 4th of August 1981,Makrana, Rajasthan, India.
She’s currently 38 years old.
Sikander attended as many as nine schools in her early life in Makrana and in various parts of Greater Mumbai including Malad, Mumbra, Thane and Andheri. Following her completion of the 10th grade and passing the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education examination. Later, she enrolled in the Roshan Taneja School of Acting in Mumbai in 1995 graduating from the course a year later.
- Father – Sikander Ali Gesawat
- Mother – Gulshan
- Siblings – Khalid Sikander, Rizwan Sikander (Brother), Salma Sikander (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shama Sikander has dated –
- Alexx O’Nell (2011-2015) – In 2011 speculation began regarding Sikander relationship with India-based American actor, Alexx O’Nell. The two were spotted with increasing frequency throughout 2011. Sikander confirmed that they were once in a relationship in an interview with Hindustan Times. Sikander and O’Nell’s relationship was confirmed to be over in January 2015.
- James Milliron (2016-Present)– In January 2016, it was confirmed that Sikander got engaged to American businessman James Milliron in Dubai, UAE.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Shama is best known for her lead roles in TV series like Yeh Meri Life Hai (2003-2005) and groundbreaking web content like the short film Sexaholic and the mini series Maaya: Slave of Her Desires.
In 1998, Shama began her Bollywood career at the age of 16, with the movie Prem Aggan written and directed by Feroz Khan.
In 2003, Shama her first role in television by appearing as Pooja Metha in the popular Sony TV drama Ye Meri Life Hai.
Awards & Nominations
|2004||Best Actress in a Lead Role||Indian Telly Awards||Nominated|
|2004||Fresh New Face||Indian Telly Awards|
|2004||GR8 Face of the Year||Indian Television Academy Awards||Won|
|2004||Best Debut||Indian Television Academy Awards|
|2005||Critics’ Choice: Best Actress||12th Lions Gold Awards|
|2005||Best Face||Sony TV|
|2017||Official Selection – Maaya||Marseille Web Fest||Nominated|
|2017||Fitness Diva||Perfect Achievers Award||Won|
|2019||Most Beautiful Woman of the Year||Aspiring She||Won|
|2019||Style Icon of the Year||International Quality Awards||Won|
|2019||Most Promising Actor||Black Swan Awards, Asia One||Won|
Shama Sikander Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Color – Black, Red, White
Shama Sikander Net worth
Shama Sikander has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shama Sikander
- When she was 10, her family moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, she has also mentioned in interviews that her early years in Mumbai were extremely difficult, even at times there was no food in the house to feed the family.
- In December 2010, Sikander launched her women’s wear fashion label Saisha in the upscale Mumbai suburb of Bandra West with the high profile and widely covered inauguration attended by her close friends and Bollywood superstars Sushmita Sen and Jackie Shroff.
- She speaking six languages including Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi and Marwadi (of her native Rajasthan).
- Sikander’s s*x appeal has been picked up on by many sources, focusing on her fitness regimen, diet and style sense.
- She has been featured in numerous magazine spreads as well as appearing on the cover of GR8! Magazine more than any other actress, three times for the English Edition: March 2010, July 2006, February 2005 as well as at least twice for the Hindi Edition.
- Shama has appeared both domestically in Hyderabad Fashion Week and Mumbai’s Lakme Fashion Week as well as internationally, most notably in South Africa.
- Sikander’s hobbies including the violin, photography and most recently abstract painting often feature in media coverage.
- In 2012, she took the role of the main antagonist, Bhyankar Pari in the young-adult fantasy program Baal Veer. She quit the show in 2014.
- In March 2016, Sikander featured in the short film Sexaholic.
- Sikander incorporated the Film and TV production company Shama Sikander Films Pvt. Ltd. which is best known for the short film series Ab Dil Ki Sunn.
- In 2017, she featured in a Vikram Bhatt’s web series Maya which is an Indian version of Hollywood s*x-based movie Fifty Shades of Grey.
- In December 2017, Sikander announced Ab Dil Ki Sunn the maiden project of her home production in which she also plays the lead role.