Sarah Wayne Callies is an American actress. She has played Sara Tancredi in Fox’s Prison Break, Lori Grimes in AMC’s The Walking Dead and Katie Bowman in USA Network’s Colony. Callies moved to New York in 2003 and then quickly landed her first television role as Kate O’Malley, a recurring part on the short-lived CBS show Queens Supreme. Her first starring role was as Detective Jane Porter on The WB’s Tarzan.
Sarah Wayne Callies
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sarah Wayne Callies was born on the 1st of June 1977, in La Grange, Illinois, United States.
She’s currently 42 years old.
On her father’s side, she is of Czech and German descent. While on her mother’s side, she has German and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Callies graduated from the independent Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1995. She then attended Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. Later, she started studying at the National Theatre Conservatory and graduated in 2002 with a Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – David E. Callies (Law Professor at the University of Hawaii, Manoa)
- Mother – Valerie Wayne (English Professor at the University of Hawaii, Manoa)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Relatives – Gustav E. Callies (Paternal Grandfather), Ann Dolores Blazek (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Wayne (Maternal Grandfather), Eleanor Dale (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Wayne Callies has dated –
- Josh Winterhalt (2002-Present) – In July 2002, Sarah got married to Josh Winterhalt in a romantic and intimate wedding ceremony. They had first met while studying at Dartmouth College and had started dating soon after. In January 2007, it was revealed that she had given birth to their daughter, Keala Wayne Winterhalt. In August 2013, they decided to adopt a son, Oakes Wayne Winterhalt.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Sarah has played Sara Tancredi in Fox’s Prison Break, Lori Grimes in AMC’s The Walking Dead and Katie Bowman in USA Network’s Colony.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in an important role in the drama movie, The Celestine Prophecy, which was based on James Redfield’s popular novel. She played the role of Marjorie starring alongside actors Matthew Settle and Thomas Kretschmann.
In 2003, she made her first television show appearance in an episode of the comedy-drama series, Queens Supreme.
Sarah Wayne Callies has appeared in a television infomercial for the Loreal De-Wrinkle Cream.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||Saturn Awards||Best Actress on Television||The Walking Dead||Nominated|
|2012||Scream Awards||Best Horror Actress||The Walking Dead||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards||Best Cast – Television Series||The Walking Dead||Won|
|2017||Leo Awards||Best Supporting Performance by a Female in a Motion Picture||The Show||Nominated|
Sarah Wayne Callies Favorites
- Favorites Movies – The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994), Gabbeh (1997), Chocolat (2000), In the Mood for Love (2001)
- Favorites Los Angeles Restaurants – Meals by Genet
Sarah Wayne Callies Net worth
Sarah Wayne Callies has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sarah Wayne Callies
- Instagram – sarahwaynecallies
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarah Wayne Callies
- Her parents moved to Honolulu, Hawaii when she was just a year old kid.
- As a child, she decided not to follow in the footsteps of her parents, who were college professors and rather developed a liking for acting and appeared in many high school productions.
- In 2002, Sarah honed her acting skills at the National Theatre Conservatory in Denver and obtained an MFA.
- After graduation, she moved to New York City right way and have several auditions before landing a part in the short-lived CBS show Queens Supreme.
- In 2003, she was named as one of L’Oreal’s new faces.
- She is close friends with her Prison Break co-star, Wentworth Miller.
- She likes dancing the Argentine tango and has taken up low-flying trapeze.
- In 2003, she decided to move to New York City in search of better acting opportunities and shortly after moving, she managed to land the role of Kate O’Malley in the CBS show, Queens Supreme.
- Sarah was included in The Maxim magazine’s The Hottest Women of Fall TV 2008 list.
- In 2010, Callies was cast in the major role of Lori Grimes on the AMC horror/drama series The Walking Dead, based on the comic-book series of the same name.
- In August 2010, Callies’ first screenplay, an adaptation of Campbell Geeslin’s children’s book Elena’s Serenade, was optioned by French production company Fulldawa Films.
- She is a huge supporter of various charities and foundations involved in supporting immigrants and refugees. Her own grandfather was a refugee from Hungary.
- In 2015, she co-starred with Nicolas Cage in Uli Edel’s thriller film Pay the Ghost.
- In 2016, she returned to television in the lead role of Katie Bowman in Colony.