Sanam Shetty is an Indian actress, model, and television personality who has mainly worked in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films. She became interested in fashion shows while studying computer engineering in college. In 2000, Shetty was initially recruited to model by fashion choreographer Prasad Bidapa and subsequently took part in the Miss Bangalore 2004 competition.
Sanam Prasad Shetty
Actress, Model, Television Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sanam Shetty was born on the 12th of November 1983, in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
She’s currently 38 years old.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Prasad Shetty
- Mother – Krishna Shetty
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sanam Shetty has dated –
- Tharshan Thiyagarajah – Sanam was involved with actor and Big Boss celebrity Tharshan Thiyagarajah in the past. In 2019, the duo even got engaged. But they called off the engagement later and Sanam filed a police complaint against Tharshan for his misuse of her funds.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Shetty became known after appearing as a the winner of the Miss South India 2016 beauty pageant, after the organiser opted to dethrone Meera Mithun owing to fraudulent activities. She participated in the reality television show, Bigg Boss Tamil (2020) hosted by Kamal Haasan. Her notable Tamil films during the period included the action film Katham Katham (2015), the comedy drama Vellaiya Irukiravan Poi Solla Maatan (2015) and the slasher film Sadhuram 2 (2016).
In 2012, Sanam had her first film onscreen role in the movie named Ambuli which is the first Tamil stereoscopic science fiction3D film written and directed by Hari Shankar and Hareesh Narayan.
In 2018, Sanam Shetty landed her first role in television by appearing the series named Villa To Village.
Sanam Shetty Net worth
Sanam Shetty has an estimated net worth of $0.8 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – sam.sanam.shetty
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanam Shetty
- Born to a Tulu father and a Telugu mother in Bangalore, Shetty became interested in fashion shows.
- In 2000s, Shetty was initially recruited to model by fashion choreographer Prasad Bidapa and subsequently took part in the Miss Bangalore 2004 competition.
- Sanam later chose to pursue a career a software engineer with companies including Tata Consultancy Services in 2006, and briefly moved to the United Kingdom to continue working in the area.
- During her time abroad, Sanam worked on amateur documentary films and became interested in acting opportunities.
- In 2010, Sanam, along with Arthi Venkatesh, were described by The New Indian Express as being among the top models in Chennai.
- Sanam was first cast in the Malayalam film Cinema Company (2012), but ended up making her feature film debut through the Tamil science fiction film, Ambuli (2012).
- In Telugu films, Sanam portrayed a small role alongside Mahesh Babu in Srimanthudu (2015), and lead roles in the comedy film Singam 123 (2015) and Premikudu (2016).
- Sanam featured in her first Kannada film, Atharva (2018), appearing alongside debutant Pavan Teja.
- In 2017, Shetty launched her first film as a producer, Magie, the tale of a girl brought up in Meghalaya. However, the project was later stalled following her fallout with the lead actor Tharshan.