Ruth Wilson is an English actress. She is known for her performances as the eponymous protagonist in Jane Eyre, as Alice Morgan in the BBC psychological crime drama Luther, as Alison Lockhart in the Showtime drama The Affair, and as the eponymous character in Mrs Wilson. In 2019, she has portrayed Marisa Coulter in the BBC/HBO fantasy series, Her Dark Materials, and for this role she won the 2020 BAFTA Cymru Award for Best Actress. Wilson is a three-time Olivier Award nominee and two-time winner, earning the Best Actress for the titular role in Anna Christie, and the Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Stella Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ruth Wilson was born on the 13th of January 1982, in Ashford, Middlesex, England.
She’s currently 41 years old.
Ruth Wilson went to Notre Dame School in Cobham, Surrey. Then, she moved to Esher College in Elmbridge borough in Surrey. In 2003, she enrolled into University of Nottingham to study history and graduated. To hone her acting skills, she attended and graduated from London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in July 2005.
- Father – Nigel Wilson (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Mary Wilson (Probation Officer)
- Siblings – Toby Wilson (Older Brother), Sam Wilson (Older Brother), Matthew Wilson (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ruth Wilson has dated –
- Jude Law (2012-2014) – In March 2012, Wilson started going out with fellow British actor Jude Law. The friendship struck while co-starring in the play, turned to something serious. In 2014, they separated.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2015) – In 2015, Ruth and American actor Jake Gyllenhaal had a short-lived affair after having gotten close while working in the Broadway play, Constellations. Their affair fizzled out after a couple of months of dating.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ruth became known for her work in Showtime series, The Affair as Alison Bailey, in mini-series, Jane Eyre playing the title role as Jane Eyre. In 2011, playing the title role in the successful and popular Broadway show Anna Christie.
In 2007, Wilson had her first film onscreen role in the short film, Get off my Land as role of a Woman.
In 2003, Ruth her first role in television by appearance was in BBC Two series, Time Commanders as herself in just 1 episode entitled “Pharsalus”.
Kaylee Bryant Net worth
Ruth Wilson has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ruth Wilson
- Ruth is the granddaughter of novelist and MI6 officer Alexander Wilson and his third, bigamously-married, wife, Alison (née McKelvie).
- As a teenager, she worked as a model. During her time at Nottingham, she participated in the TV war strategy game Time Commanders, helping her teammates fight in the Battle of Pharsalus.
- While growing up, she was pretty good in cricket and rugby and has credited her older brothers for her tomboyish childhood.
- Her childhood house in Surrey was near the famous Shepperton Studios, which she credits for sparking her interest in acting.
- In 2014, Ruth began starring as Alison Bailey on the drama television series The Affair, created by Sarah Treem and Hagai Levi.
- In November 2018, she starred as the title character Alison Wilson her real-life grandmother in the BBC drama Mrs Wilson.
- In October 2020, Wilson won the BAFTA Cymru Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of Marisa Coulter in His Dark Materials.
- In November 2020, she would be starring as Norwegian diplomat Mona Juul in a filmed version of J. T. Rogers’ Tony Award-winning play Oslo.
- In 2021, Ruth was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) Birthday Honours for services to drama.