Ronda Rousey is an American professional wrestler, actress, author, mixed martial artist and judoka. She is currently signed to WWE, performing on the Raw brand, where she is the current Raw Women’s Champion in her first reign. Her longstanding nickname, Rowdy was inherited from professional wrestler Roddy Piper. Rousey has also enjoyed success as an actress and author, appearing in the films The Expendables 3, Furious 7 and Mile 22.
Ronda Jean Rousey
Rowdy, The Rowdy One, Rowdy Ronda, The Arm Collector
Mixed Martial Artist, Judoka, Actress
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rousey was born on February 1, 1987, in Riverside County, California, United States.
She is currently 32 years old.
Venice, California, United States
She has Venezuelan and Afro-Venezuelan ancestry on her mother’s side. She also has English and Polish ancestry.
Ronda Rousey was homeschooled for a part during her elementary school days. She attended the high school in Jamestown, North Dakota but dropped out before graduation. She later cleared her GED tests which certify her high school-level academic skills.
- Father – Ron Rousey
- Mother – AnnMaria DeMars (nee Waddell) (Winner of World Judo Championship 1984)
- Siblings – Julia DeMars (Younger Sister), Maria Burns-Ortiz (Older Sister), Jennifer Rousey (Older Sister)
- Others – Dennis DeMars (Step-father)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ronda Rousey has dated –
- Timothy DiGorrio (2012-2013) – After meeting the fellow martial artist, Timothy DiGorrio in 2012 in LA, California, Ronda started dating him. They were together for a year before calling it quits in 2013.
- Brendan Schaub (2013-2014) – From 2013 to 2014, she was romantically linked with the retired mixed martial artist, Brendan Schaub.
- Travis Browne (2017-Present) – Rousey began dating UFC fighter Travis Browne in 2015 and they moved together, which she confirmed in October 2015. The couple became engaged 20 April 2017 and married on 28 August 2017 in Hawaii.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ronda Rousey is best known for being the first UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion and also an Olympic medal winner in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, 2008.
Rousey started learning Judo from the age of 11 along with her mother and went on to win a gold medal at the World Junior Judo Championships in Budapest, Hungary in 2004. She won bronze medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, making her the first American to win an Olympic medal in women’s judo since its inception as an Olympic sport in 1992.
Ronda Rousey made her debut as Luna in the 2014 Hollywood film, The Expendables 3.
She has appeared in several television shows and series. Rousey became the first female athlete to guest host ESPN’s SportsCenter. Rousey appeared in the Season 2, Episode 20 episode of Blindspot playing the role of Devon Penberthy.
Mixed Martial Arts Career
- Alongsode Judo, Ronda had her practise in Mixed Martial Arts at the Hayastan MMA Academy run by Gokor Chivichyan. She became a deadly MMA fighter when she tore her opponent knee at the age of 16. Rousey also trains at the Glendale Fighting Club, which she was introduced to through Gamburyan and other Hayastan teammates. She trained in Jiu Jitsu at Dynamix MMA with Henry Akins from 2011 to 2014.
- Rousey made her debut in MMA fight in August 2010 where she defeated Hayden Munoz in just 23 seconds.Rousey made her professional mixed martial arts debut on March 27, 2011, at King of the Cage: Turning Point. She submitted Ediane Gomes with an armbar in 25 seconds.
- Rousey challenged Tate for her Strikeforce title on March 3, 2012, in Columbus, Ohio. She defeated Tate by submission due to an armbar in the first round, again dislocating her opponent’s elbow, to become the new Strikeforce Women’s Bantamweight Champion.
- Grounds opponent with tosses and sweeps.
- Finishes fight with strikes or submissions.
- Top position – attacks with punches from side control.
- Rear position – Secures back mount and hurls head strikes.
- Uses signature armbar.
- Uses jabs, knees and overhand rights while standing.
Ronda Rousey has appeared in the TV commercial for Metro PCS phone in 2013. She has also appeared as ‘Insureon Protector’ for the Insurance agency Insureon. The mixed martial art champion was also signed by Reebok in 2014.
Ronda Rousey Favorites
- Favorite Interests – Video Game (World of Warcraft, Mario Kart, Just Dance)
- Favorite Sports – Professional Wrestling
- Favorite Animation – Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon
- Favorite Pokemon Character – Mew
- Favorite Sketch Subject – Sea Life
- Favorite Toy – Wrestling Buddy of Hulk Hogan
Ronda Rousey Net worth
Rousey has an estimated net worth of $20 million as of 2019. She makes a fortune from Judo, MMA , Strike Women, Bantamweight, television host, acting in films, endorsements, and editorial shoots. She owns a lavish Venice beach home in Los Angeles and drives around in her X6 BMW M.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Ronda Rousey
- Instagram – rondarousey
- Twitter – Ronda Rousey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ronda Rousey
- She is the first and the current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, a title she holds since December 2012.
- In 2014, she won three Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards- Best Box Office Draw, Most Outstanding Fighter and MMA Most Valuable Fighter.
- She featured nude on the cover of ESPN The Magazine’s 2012 Body Issue.
- She ranked #29 on the Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- Ronda Rousey has graced the covers of Maxim, Australian Men’s Fitness, The Ring magazine, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, among others.
- Her autobiography “My Fight / Your fight” written by her and her sister Maris was published in May 2015.
- In 2015, Rousey had raised money by auctioning signed t-shirts for the Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation which aims at saving tigers from circus and zoos and provide them with the best lifestyle.
- In April 2015, Rousey visited Yerevan, Armenia for the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. While in Yerevan, she visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide memorial.
- In November 2015, she was hospitalized when she was knocked out (K.O.) by Holly Holm in a UFC fight. Ronda had her lip busted.
- In January, 2016 she hosted the late night variety show Saturday Night Live, with musical guest Selena Gomez.
- In July 9, 2018, Rousey was confirmed as one of the two pre-order bonus characters for the video game WWE 2K19.
- In January 17, 2019, it was confirmed that Rousey would be voicing Sonya Blade in the video game Mortal Kombat 11.
- Visit her official website @ rondarousey.com.