Rex Linn is an American film and television actor. He is best known domestically for playing the role of Sgt. Frank Tripp in the CBS drama CSI: Miami and more recently for playing Kevin Wachtell in the television series Better Call Saul. Internationally he is best known for playing Richard Travers in the 1993 action thriller film Cliffhanger. In addition to that, he has also been cast in a number of on-screen projects including Young Sheldon, Lethal Weapon, Better Call Saul, Wyatt Earp, Waco, FBI: The Untold Stories, JAG, The Fugitive, Ghosts of Mississippi, Blast from the Past, Two Tickets to Paradise, and Abominable. Rex had a minor role in the webisode series The Walking Dead: Torn Apart playing as Mike Palmer, a father hiding in a neighborhood in Georgia during a zombie apocalypse.
Rex Maynard Linn
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rex Linn was born on the 13th of November 1956, in Spearman, Hansford County, Texas, United States.
He’s currently 66 years old.
Linn studied at Heritage Hall and Casady School. Later, he got enrolled at Oklahoma State University from where he graduated in 1980 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Radio, Television, and Film.
- Father – James Paul Linn (Lawyer)
- Mother – arlene (née Deere)
- Siblings – Rhonda Linn Bayless (Older Sister), James Paul Linn II (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rex Linn has dated –
- Bella Shaw – Linn dated a journalist and new reader Bella Shaw. However, not much information is available regarding their relationship.
- Reba McEntire (2020-Present) – In October 2020, singer Reba confirmed that she has started dating Rex. Reba is an award-winning actress, musician, and businessman.
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.93 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 177 lbs
He wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
Linn became known as a Actor who played the role of detective Frank Tripp on the drama, CSI: Miami alongside David Caruso. He appeared in numerous theatrical films in minor roles such as My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys (1991), Thunderheart (1992), Sniper (1993), and more.
In 1989, Rex had his first film onscreen role in the crime thriller movie, Night Game as Epps.
In 1987, Linn landed his first role in television by appearing as Terry Conner in the mystery documentary television show, Unsolved Mysteries.
Rex Linn Net worth
Rex Linn has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – rexlinn13
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rex Linn
- Linn was born in Perryton, Texas, the third child, and second son, of Darlene (née Deere) and James Paul Linn.
- In August 1969, his parents relocated the family to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where his father practiced law.
- During his younger years, he took a part-time job at the Oklahoma City Zoo.
- After graduation, Linn worked his way up to vice president of energy lending for the Lakeshore Bank, remaining with it until July 5, 1982, when the bank went insolvent.
- Linn was able to persuade a talent agent to take a chance on him and represent him in the Oklahoma market. At the same time, he accepted a job with an oil company.
- After shooting some commercials, he started landing small roles in various projects. During this time, he was given the opportunity to act in his first film, Dark Before Dawn.
- In 1989, he was cast in his first substantial role, as serial killer Floyd Epps, in Night Game, starring Roy Scheider.
- Since then, he appeared in numerous theatrical films in minor roles such as My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys (1991), Thunderheart (1992), Sniper (1993), and more.
- Rex gained wide popularity after being cast in the main role of Detective Fran Tripp in the police drama series, CSI: Miami.
- Linn is an active supporter of children’s charities and the arts. On May 12, 2007, he was a celebrity award presenter at the National Association of Police Organizations TOP COPS award ceremony in Washington, DC.