Reba McEntire is an American country singer, songwriter, actress and record producer. She began her career in the music industry as a high school student singing in the Kiowa High School band on local radio shows with her siblings and at rodeos. She signed a contract with Mercury Records a year later in 1975. She released her first solo album in 1977 and released five additional studio albums under the label until 1983. McEntire has since released 29 studio albums, acquired 42 number one singles, 16 number one albums and 28 albums have been certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum in sales by the Recording Industry Association of America. She is often referred to as The Queen of Country and she is one of the best selling artists of all time, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide.
Reba Nell McEntire
The Queen of Country Music, Big Red, Country Music’s Queen
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Record Producer
Mercury, MCA Nashville, Starstruck, Valory, Nash Icon, Big Machine
Birthday / Date of Birth
Reba McEntire was born on March 28, 1955, in McAlester, Oklahoma, United States.
She’s currently 64 years old.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
She has English, Scots-Irish /Northern Irish and German ancestry.
Reba McEntire attended the Kiowa High School in Colorado. She graduated from Southeastern Oklahoma State University with a major in Elementary Education and a minor in Music on December 16, 1976.
- Father – Clark Vincent McEntire (November 30, 1927–October 23, 2014), He was a 3-time (1957, 1958 and 1961) World Champion Steer Roper.
- Mother – Jacqueline McEntire (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Alice McEntire (Older Sister), Pake McEntire (Older Brother), Susie McEntire (Younger Sister) (Christian Music Star)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reba McEntire has dated –
- Charlie Battles (1976-1987) – In 1976, Reba tied the knot to steer wrestling champion and rancher, Charlie Battles, who already had 2 sons from his previous marriage. Charles was 10 years older to her and they lived in a ranch in Oklahoma. However, the couple divorced in 1987 and Reba moved to Nashville, Tennessee to work on her music career.
- Narvel Blackstock (1989-2015) – In 1989, Reba got married a 2nd time to her manager and former steel guitar player, Narvel Blackstock. The marriage was held in a private ceremony on a boat at Lake Tahoe. Together, they formed Starstruck Entertainment with the aim to manage her career. They have a son named Shelby Steven McEntire Blackstock (born February 1990). Reba is also a stepmother to Narvel’s 3 children from a previous marriage. However, the couple separated on August 3, 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Being one of the best selling artists of all time. She is recognized as the The Queen of Country and has sold more than 95 million records worldwide. She has won numerous Grammy, Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association awards.
In 1990, she made her theatrical film debut as Heather Gummer in the comedy horror film, Tremors.
In August 29, 1977, she released her first self-titled studio album, Reba McEntire, through Mercury Records.
In 1970, she made her first TV show appearance as a guest in the musical series, That Good Ole Nashville Music.
Reba McEntire has done commercials for brands like: KFC Smoky Mountain BBQ Chicken, Frito Lays, Red Convertible to Vegas, Pepper soda & Dannon’s Activia Probiotic Yogurts.
Reba McEntire Favorites
- Favorite Juice – Carrot and Cucumber Juice
- Favorite Healthy Meal – Skinless Chicken, Potatoes, Salad
- Favorite Color – Jewel Tones
- Favorite Drink – Iced Tea with Stevia
Reba McEntire Net worth
Reba McEntire has a estimated net worth of $95 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reba McEntire
- Reba did her first rodeo show at 11.
- At 11, she learned to drive a stick shift.
- Her singing career started gradually by performing in her Kiowa High School band, local radio shows with her siblings and at rodeos.
- Country artist Red Steagall gave Reba her first break after hearing her perform the National Anthem at the National Rodeo in Oklahoma City.
- She loves whiskey and 7Up.
- She believes in angels.
- Growing up in Oklahoma, she used to walk on the railroad tracks near her house.
- She dislikes it when people are busy with their cell phones during mealtime.
- She hates high heels.
- In 1985, McEntire released her third MCA album, Have I Got a Deal for You, which followed the same traditional format as My Kind of Country.
- In 1991, she sadly lost many of her band members in a plane crash.
- In December 1992, McEntire’s seventeenth studio album, It’s Your Call, was released. It became her first album to peak within the Billboard 200 Top 10, reaching No. 8.
- In 1993, she got a patch of skin cancer removed from her forehead.
- In October 1993, McEntire’s third compilation album, Greatest Hits Volume Two was released, reaching No. 1 and No. 5 on the Billboard Top Country Albums and Billboard 200 charts respectively, selling 183,000 copies during Christmas week 1993.
- In 1995, she was inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
- She was once a classmate of singer Garth Brooks in Oklahoma.
- In September 18, 1998, she was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2000, she was named the #1 Best-selling Female Country Singer of All Time.
- She was named the #2 Best-selling Female Artists (of all genres) of All Time in 2000.
- In 2001, McEntire returned with her third greatest-hits album: Greatest Hits Vol. 3: I’m a Survivor.
- In 2005, McEntire released the compilation Reba 1’s. The album comprised all thirty three number-one hits in her career on all major trade charts.
- In November 2006, she was awarded a star on the Music City Walk of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee.
- In March 2011, she was included in the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- In October 21, 2014, it was announced that McEntire would be the inaugural signing for Big Machine’s new imprint Nash Icon Music.
- In June 25, 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Reba McEntire among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
- Visit her official website @ reba.com.