Ravi Kapoor, known mononymously by his screen name Jeetendra, is an Indian actor who is known for his work in Hindi cinema. While supplying jewellery to V. Shantaram, he was cast as Sandhya’s character’s double in the 1959 movie Navrang. Ravi also serves as the chairman of the Balaji Telefilms and Balaji Motion Pictures.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ravi Kapoor was born on the 7th of April 1942, in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
He is currently 80 years old.
He has Indian ancestry.
Ravi attended St. Sebastian’s Goan High School in Girgaum, Mumbai with his friend Rajesh Khanna and then studied at Siddharth College in Mumbai.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Prasan Kapoor, Laxmi Sobti
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravi Kapoor has Married –
- Meera Simhan (1972-Present) – Ravi is married to Meera Simhan who is an English film and stage actress and writer. Jeetendra and Shobha have two children from their marriage. Their daughter, Ekta Kapoor, runs Balaji Telefilms and their son Tusshar Kapoor is also an actor.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
Ravi became known after appearing V. Shantaram’s Geet Gaya Patharon Ne (1964) and Boond Jo Ban Gayee Moti (1967). However, it was the film Farz (1967) that served as his stepping stone to success. The tee shirt and white shoes he picked up from a retail store for the Mast Baharon Ka Main Aashiq number in Farz, became his trademark.
In 1964, Kapoor had his first film onscreen role in the movie Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne.
Ravi Kapoor Net worth
Ravi Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2022.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Kapoor
- Jeetendra made a brief appearance in one of his daughter’s produced films Kucch To Hai, a thriller movie released in 2002, where he appeared alongside his son Tusshar.
- Jeetendra was frequently paired with Jaya Prada or Sridevi for remakes of Telugu films by T. Rama Rao, K. Bapayya, K. Raghavendra Rao and Dasari Narayana Rao; these included Sanjog, Aulad, Majaal, Justice Chaudhury, Mawaali (1983), Himmatwala (1983) and Tohfa (1984).
- He has acted in nearly 200 films as the main lead, a feat matched by just a handful of his peers since the inception of Hindi cinema.
- Ravi also acted in many remakes in Hindi of Krishna’s Telugu movies and had very close association with him.