Pierce Brosnan is an Irish–American actor, film producer, activist, environmentalist and architect. Brosnan began training in commercial illustration, then went on to train at the Drama Centre in London for three years. Following a stage acting career he rose to popularity in the television series Remington Steele, which blended the genres of romantic comedy, drama and detective procedural. In 1994, Brosnan became the fifth actor to play the secret agent James Bond in the Eon Productions film series, starring in four films from 1995 to 2002 (GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day).
Pierce Brendan Brosnan
Brosnan, James Bond
Actor, Producer, Environmentalist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pierce Brosnan was born on May 16, 1953, in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland.
He’s currently 66 years old.
Malibu, California, United States
Pierce attended Elliot School in Putney, South West London. After leaving school, he went to Saint Martin’s School of Art in London to study commercial illustration. At last age 20, Brosnan joined The Oval House and pursued his studies at The Drama Center in London.
- Father – Thomas Brosnan (Carpenter), William Carmichael (Step-Father)
- Mother – May (née Smith, born circa; Nurse)
- Siblings – He is a single child.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pierce Brosnan dated –
- Cassandra Harris (1977–1991) – Brosnan and Australian actress Cassandra Harris met through her stepson David Harris in 1977. It was love on first sight for Pierce and they started dating. On December 27, 1980, they tied the knot and their first son, Sean Brosnan was born on September 13, 1983. He adopted the children, Charlotte and Christopher, from her previous marriage. During the shooting of The Deceivers in India, Cassandra was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and she died on December 28, 1991, at the age of 43.
- Julianne Phillips (1993–1994) – Pierce dated actress Julianne Phillips for a couple of months from 1993 to 1994. She is seven years younger than Brosnan.
- Kathryn Kinley (1994) – The actor was in a relationship with entertainment reporter Kathryn Kinley for a brief period of time in 1994.
- Keely Shaye Smith (1994–Present) – He first met the American journalist Keely Shaye Smith in Mexico in 1994. They dated for around seven years and then, the couple tied the knot at Ballintubber Abbey in County Mayo, Ireland in 2001. The couple has two sons Dylan Thomas Brosnan (born on January 13, 1997) and Paris Beckett Brosnan (born on February 27, 2001).
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 88 kg
- In Pounds – 194 lbs
- Measurements – 42-34-15
- Chest – 42 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 15 inches
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Pierce Brosnan is best known for his role of James Bond in four Eon Production movies titled GoldenEye (1995), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999) and Die Another Day (2002).
Pierce made his acting debut with the British gangster movie The Long Good Friday in 1980 with Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren. He played the role as 1st Irishman.
Pierce first appeared in ITV’s television series Hammer House of Horror in 1980 as The Last Victim. The show only lasted for one season (13 episodes).
Pierce has done print ads for Cuervo Gold Tequila (1986), Omega Watches (1995 on wards), Ericsson Mobile Phones (1997), Forest Stewardship Council (2000), Ford Thunderbird (2002), Aquascutum (2006-2007) and many others. He has done television commercials for MasterCard with ex-wife Cassandra (1985), Diet Coke (1988), Maidenform (1989), Ferrero Rocher (2001), Danone (2002), It’s Wonderfulwine (2004), Sagres (2006), Vistula clothing (2007), Galaxy Suits (2006-2010), L’Oreal(2008), Save the Whales Now (2006-2010), Kia Sorento automobiles (2015) and many others. Pierce Brosnan is a brand ambassador for watchmaker Speake-Marin.
Cars Collection – BMW Hydrogen 7, BMW i8, Kia K900, Aston Martin Vanquish, Range Rover Vogue
Pierce Brosnan Favorites
- Favorite Bond Films – From Russia with Love (1963), For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Favorite TV Show – Doctor Who (1963–1989)
- Favorite Football Team – Fulham Football Club
- Favorite Comic Actor – John Cleese
- Favorite Hotel – The Hassler in Rome, The Ritz in Paris
- Favorite Food – Irish salmon, Vegetables, Lots of Mashed Potatoes
- Favorite Gadgets – Fountain Pens
- Favorite Music Band – The Who, Pink Floyd
Pierce Brosnan Net worth
Pierce Brosnan has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pierce Brosnan
- When he was 11 years old, he left his hometown and moved to England to live with his mother and her new husband, William Carmichael.
- He started his career as an acting assistant stage manager at the York Theatre Royal and Wait Until Dark was his theatre debut.
- At a young age, he trained in fire-eating and performed the stunt in a circus.
- He has his own production company called Irish DreamTime and The Nephew (1998) was its first production.
- People Magazine ranked him among the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world in the past.
- In 2001, People Magazine voted him as the Sexiest Man Alive.
- He is an ambassador for UNICEF Ireland since the year 2001.
- In 2002, he appeared in his last Bond movie, Die Another Day. The film, which marked the franchise’s 40th anniversary, was also one of the highest-grossing Bond movies till date.
- In the 2004 presidential election, he supported John Kerry.
- Brosnan is an active spokesperson and supporter of noble causes like same sex marriage, gay adoption, gun control and environment protection.
- He is a close friend of Meryl Streep and Liam Neeson.
- In 2004, The Sustainable Style Foundation titled Brosnan as the Best-dressed Environmentalist.
- The actor loves to paint and he raises funds for charitable causes by selling his paintings.
- In May 2007, Brosnan and his wife Keely Smith donated $100,000 for replacement of a playground on Kauai, a Hawaiian island where the couple have a house.
- In 2010, he starred as Adam Lang in The Ghost Writer, a political thriller directed by Roman Polanski. The film won several cinematic awards.
- In February 2013, he was awarded patronage of the Dublin University Players society at Trinity College, Dublin.
- In February 2015, Brosnan’s $18 million Malibu mansion suddenly caught fire, sustaining $1 million in damages.
- In 2018, he reprised his role as Sam Carmichael from the super hit 2008 movie Mamma Mia!
- In 2019, he was cast to play prominent roles in films like False Positive and The Misfits.
- Visit her official website @ piercebrosnan.com.