Pia Wurtzbach formerly known in the Philippine entertainment and modeling industry as Pia Romero is a Filipina-German beauty pageant titleholder, model and actress who was crowned Miss Universe 2015 on 20 December 2015. She won the title Miss Universe Philippines 2015 at the Binibining Pilipinas 2015 pageant on 15 March 2015. She has served as a UNAIDS Goodwill Ambassador for Asia & the Pacific since 2016.
Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
Beauty Pageant Titleholder, Actress, Model, Television Presenter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pia Wurtzbach was born on September 24, 1989 in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany.
She is currently 29 years old.
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of German descent on her father’s side.
She is a devout Roman Catholic. She is also a Marian Devotee.
Pia Wurtzbach started her education in the kindergarten school, Kong Hua School in Cagayan de Oro. She later got enrolled at the Corpus Christi for her primary education. For her secondary education, Pia went to the ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center in Quezon City, Metro Manila. She also took classes at the Center for Asian Culinary Studies in San Juan, Metro Manila to study culinary arts.
- Father – Uwe Wurtzbach
- Mother – Cheryl Alonzo Tyndall
- Siblings – Sarah Alonzo Wurtzbach (Sister)
Since January 2017, Pia has been represented by WME/IMG’s IMG Universe division.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pia Wurtzbach dated –
- Phil Younghusband (2015) – As per tabloid reports, Pia started going out with soccer player Phil Younghusband in February 2015. However, their relationship barely survived a month as they decided to separate in March. The affair was confirmed by Pia herself in her interview with Rappler.
- Mikhail Varshavski (2016) – Pia revealed that she was going out with celebrity doctor Mikhail Varshavski, popularly known as Dr. Mike, in March 2016 by sharing a selfie of them together on her Instagram account. However, the speculation about them being a couple had started in February after they were spotted having a dinner at New York’s Balvanera restaurant. But, their relationship didn’t last long as she started dating someone else by the end of the year.
- Marlon Stöckinger (2017-2018) – In January 2017, Pia confirmed that she was going out with car racing driver, Marlon Stöckinger. The rumors of them being a couple had started swirling around by the end of 2016 as they were spotted vacationing together. Some sources claimed that they had been seeing each other since October. In August 2018, she confirmed that she was once again single in an Instagram post, which was posted to endorse boyfriend jeans. It was speculated in July that they had separated as they had unfollowed each other on the social media platforms.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Being cast in the lead role in the romantic comedy movie, My Perfect You. Having played an important role in the superhero comedy movie, Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad. Being crowned as Miss Universe Philippines in 2015, which made her eligible for the Miss Universe beauty pageant. She went on to become Miss Universe as well.
In 2003, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Kung ako na lang sana.
In 2002, Pia Wurtzbach made her first TV show appearance in the music variety show, ASAP, which is one of the longest-running Filipino shows.
Pia Wurtzbach has done endorsement work for Chi products, You.C1000 Vitamin Drink, Philippine Airlines, PLDT Home, Yamamay lingerie and swimwear, Cream Silk Hair Conditioner, Jealous 21, Image Skincare, Banco De Oro (BDO), New Downy Parfum Collection and Olay.
Awards & Nominations
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Work||Results|
|2018||34th PMPC Star Award for Movies||New Movie Actress of the Year||Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad||Won|
Pia Wurtzbach Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Games – Tekken and Final Fantasy
- Favorite Travel Destination – Santorini
- Favorite Drake Song – Hotline Bling
- Favorite Girl Crush – Beyonce
- Favorite Music Artists – Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga
Pia Wurtzbach Net worth
Pia Wurtzbach has a estimated net worth of $185 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pia Wurtzbach
- In 2013, she had managed to finish as 1st runner-up in the beauty pageant. The following year, she had to settle for only a place in the Top 15.
- In 2015, she became the third beauty from Phillippines to have won Miss Universe title. The previous two winners were Gloria Diaz and Margarita Moran.
- Her crowning ceremony at the Miss Universe 2015 event was shrouded in a controversy as the show host Steve Harvey had mistakenly announced Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez as the winner. However, after Gutiérrez had received the crown, Harvey returned to the stage to reveal that there had been a mistake.
- She can fluently converse in Cebuano, English, and Filipino. She also has a basic grasp of the German language.
- She started her acting journey at the age of 4 under the stage name of Pia Romero. Then, she was snapped up by ABS-CBN Corporation’s talent agency, Star Magic.
- Star Magic included her in their Star Circle Batch 11. She graduated from the batch with her TV debut in teen-centric TV series K2BU.
- She was invited to work as a judge in the final event of Miss Universe 2017.
- She has worked hard to push the rights of the LGBTQ in her native country. She has been a fierce advocate of the same-sex marriages.
- In 27 April 2016, Wurtzbach threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the New York Mets.
- In December 2016, she met Manila Archbishop Luis Tagle at the Manila Cathedral and was gifted a personal rosary from Pope Francis.
- In May 2017, she was made a UNAIDS Goodwill Ambassador for Asia and the Pacific. UNAIDS works to tackle the HIV endemic on the global scale.