Pia Toscano is an American singer from Howard Beach, New York. Toscano placed ninth on the tenth season of American Idol. She was considered a front runner in the competition and her elimination shocked judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler, all of whom were visibly and vocally upset. Some viewers and media outlets described Toscano’s departure as one of the most shocking eliminations in American Idol history.
Pia Ann Rose Toscano
4 The Love Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pia Toscano was born on October 14, 1988 in Howard Beach, New York, USA.
She is currently 30 years old.
She is of Italian descent.
Toscano graduated from LaGuardia High School of the Performing Arts in New York City in 2006.
- Father – Pat Toscano (Corporate Executive)
- Mother – Jane Toscano
- Siblings – Kimberly Toscano (Older Sister)
She is signed to Red Light Management (Record Label) and Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pia Toscano dated –
- Mark Ballas (2011) – After meeting at CBS Soundstage during their show, Pia started dating Dancing with the Stars Mark Ballas in April 2011. They separated in just next month, in May.
- Jimmy R.O. Smith (2017) – Toscano married dancer Jimmy R.O. Smith on January 7, 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Pia Toscano made her acting debut in 2013 with the drama music movie Grace Unplugged, in which she played the role of Alyssa.
Toscano’s debut television appearance was in early 2011 via the reality singing competition American Idol. She was one of the finalists in the show.
- She released her debut single “This Time” on July 11, 2011, which managed to peak at #104 on U.S. Billboard 200.
- On April 7, 2016, she dropped two singles, “Pyro” and “You’ll Be King”, from her debut album Belong, which was released that same year on December 16, 2016.
Appearing in the tenth season of American Idol in early 2011. She was placed ninth in this singing competition and her departure from the show surprised and shocked all the judges and audience as she was a strong contender on the show.
Pia Toscano Net Worth
Pia’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pia Toscano
- Toscano cites Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Etta James, and Luther Vandross as her musical influences.
- She has been singing since she was four years old. She has participated in several talent shows from young age and when she was nine years old, she performed in a local church production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- At 12, Toscano performed the National Anthem at her junior high school.
- She attended New York’s LaGuardia Arts School together with fellow Idol contestant Karen Rodriguez.
- She worked as a make-up artist and as a wedding singer in a band called “Current Affair” before she made it to American Idol.
- On September 11, 2011, Toscano performed “God Bless America” at the New York Mets and Chicago Cubs game.
- She had auditioned for American Idol twice before she made it through the top 24 in the tenth season of the show.
- In 2014, Toscano had collaborated with singer-songwriter Jared Lee for project 7East. The song, “I Don’t Believe It”, was released on October 7, 2014, followed by a music video on October 28 of that year.
- Toscano toured with Jennifer Lopez as a background singer in May 2014 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.
- She has also opened for the band BNL.
- In 2008, she performed the National Anthem at New York Mets competition.
- Visit her official fan website @ piaparadise.com.