PewDiePie is a Swedish YouTuber, actor, comedian and gamer commentator best known for his YouTube video content, which mainly consists of comedic formatted shows. In 2010, during his time at the university, he registered a YouTube account under the name PewDiePie. In 15 August 2013, Kjellberg became the most subscribed user on YouTube, being briefly surpassed in late 2013 by YouTube Spotlight and several times in early 2019 by Indian record label T-Series. As of July 2019, the channel has received over 98 million subscribers and 22 billion video views, ranking as the second most subscribed and eleventh most viewed on the platform.
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg
PewDiePie, Pewds, PewDie, PooDiePie, Poods
YouTuber, Comedian, Video Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
PewDiePie was born on 24 October 1989, in Gothenburg, Västergötland and Bohuslän, Sweden.
He is currently 29 years old.
He is of Swedish origin.
Felix Kjellberg attended Göteborgs Högre Samskola in Gothenburg and graduated in 2008. He subsequently joined the Chalmers University of Technology to pursue a degree in industrial economics and technology management. However, he left his studies in 2011 to work on his YouTube career.
- Father – Ulf Christian Kjellberg (Chief Executive of a corporate company)
- Mother – Lotta Kristine Johanna (Former CIO of KappAhl)
- Siblings – Fanny Kjellberg (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Felix Kjellberg has dated –
- Marzia Bisognin (2011-Present) – YouTubers Felix and Marzia’s love story started with Marzia’s friend Diazo watching PewDiePie videos and sending the funny ones to Marzia. Marzia found the videos incredibly funny and sent Felix a message telling him so. After these initial messages, they established regular communication over Facebook. By October 2011, they had started dating each other. Initially, Felix traveled to Italy on different occasions to spend time with Marzia. Then, she moved to Sweden to live in with her new boyfriend. In 2012, Felix shifted to Sao Paolo to start a new life there with her. Eventually, they decided to settle down in Brighton, England. The couple got engaged in April 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 41-13.5-33
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Creating the Let’s Play commentaries for his YouTube channel.
In 2015, he appeared in his first action-adventure theatrical film Tomorrowland for his uncredited role as PewDiePie.
In 2012, his first TV appearance came in the form of an interview in a 2-episode series on Sveriges Television.
Felix has had been associated with Legendary Pictures, Mountain Dew, Dying Light.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||Starcount Social Star Awards||Most Popular Social Show||Won|
|Sweden Social Star Award||Won|
|5th Shorty Awards||#Gaming||Won|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Web Star: Gaming||Won|
|4th Streamy Awards||Best Gaming Channel, Show, or Series||Nominated|
|Golden Joystick Awards||Gaming Personality||Won|
|2015||2014 Teen Choice Awards||Choice Web Star: Male||Nominated|
|5th Streamy Awards||Best First-Person Channel, Show, or Series||Nominated|
|Best Gaming Channel, Show, or Series||Won|
|Golden Joystick Awards||Gaming Personality||Won|
|2016||8th Shorty Awards||YouTuber of the Year||Nominated|
|2017||43rd People’s Choice Awards||Favorite YouTube Star||Nominated|
|2019||2019 Teen Choice Awards||Favourite Gamer||Nominated|
- Favorite Music Band – Radiohead
- Favorite Music Album – In Rainbows
- Favorite Video Game Character – Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS game)
PewDiePie Net worth
PewDiePie has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019. It is reported that Felix Kjellberg pays 45% of his incomes as taxes to the Swedish government. His YouTube earning was sizeable and even wow and roughly, he has made US$50 million off YouTube since 2014. Obviously, his source of income include YouTube ad revenue, advertisements, endorsements and sponsorship. He owns a Porsche 911 worthy of $123,650.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About PewDiePie
- He launched his YouTube Channel, PewDiePie on the 29th of April 2010. His first video was a Minecraft playthrough.
- PewDiePie’s other miscellaneous jobs include working as a captain at the harbor and doing menial work on the tennis court.
- His channel has grown over the years, which is now the no. 1 channel on YouTube with over 57.8 million subscribers and 16.3 billion views as of November 2017.
- Felix Kjellberg refers to his fans as the Bro Army, made up of his Bros and he typically performs a Brofist at the end of each of his videos.
- In 2013, PewDiePie was named to be the highest paid YouTube star in the world with earnings of $12 million.
- In 2015, he took on games giant Nintendo for their new ad revenue sharing model, in which vloggers would get half of the revenue for playing games.
- In June 2014, he raised more than $630,000 for the charity Save the Children.
- In July 2015, Kjellberg was announced as a voice actor in the Vimeo fantasy series, Oscar’s Hotel for Fantastical Creatures. In October of the same year, Kjellberg appeared as a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- In 20 October 2015, PewDiePie published his book This Book Loves You, a parody of self-help books in association with Penguin Group. The book includes a collection of aphorisms, jokes and wisdom, paired with visuals.
- In September 2015, he launched his first own video game PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist for iOS and Android. His second game PewDiePie’s Tuber Simulator was launched in September 2016.
- In 2016, Time named him one of The World’s 100 Most Influential People.
- In February 2016, Kjellberg guest starred on Conan, playing Far Cry Primal as part of the show’s Clueless Gamer segment.
- In June 2016, Kjellberg announced he had been evicted from his recording studio after his landlord confronted him for being too loud.
- Felix Kjellberg has two pet dogs, Edgar and Maya. Maya has only one eye.
- In 14 February 2017, his channel’s total video view count was surpassed by Indian record label T-Series at the top of YouTube’s view rankings, according to Social Blade.
- In June 2017, PewDiePie ranked #2 in Top Influencers list by Forbes in the Gaming category behind Markiplier.
- In 3 December 2018, Kjellberg announced that he had started a fundraiser on GoFundMe for Child Rights and You (CRY) in order to help Indian children, partially in response to racist comments left on his videos directed toward Indians.
- In 22 February 2019, Kjellberg uploaded an episode of his show Meme Review featuring entrepreneur Elon Musk and Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland.
- In 28 April 2019, Kjellberg uploaded a video entitled Ending the Subscribe to Pewdiepie Meme in which he asked his followers to refrain from using the phrase Subscribe to PewDiePie due to incidents such as the phrase being graffitied on a war memorial and its mention by the Christchurch mosque shooter.
- Visit his official website @ pewdiepie.com.