Jeffree Star is an American Internet celebrity, beauty YouTuber, makeup artist, model, entrepreneur and singer-songwriter. In 2009, Star released his first and only studio album, Beauty Killer, which included songs such as Lollipop Luxury featuring Nicki Minaj. In 2010, he signed to Konvict Muzik whose founder Akon described Star as the next Lady Gaga with plans to release a second album titled Concealer. In November 2014, he founded his own cosmetics company, Jeffree Star Cosmetics which he promoted on his YouTube channel. That was enough to make him the 5th highest paid YouTube star as of December 2018.
Jeffrey Lynn Steininger Jr.
Internet Celebrity, Beauty YouTuber, Makeup Artist, Model, Entrepreneur, Singer
Pop, Synthpop, Electropop, Electronic, Dance-Pop
Popsicle Records, Kon Live
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jeffree Star was born on November 15, 1985, in Orange County, California, United States.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Jeffree Star went to the Pacifica High School in Garden Grove, California.
- Father – Glen Steininger (Passed away when Jeffree was 6 years old)
- Mother – Laurie Steininger (Model)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeffree Star has dated –
- Chris Crocker (2005-2009) – Jeffree reportedly started dating actor Chris Crocker in 2005. They broke up in 2009 after having dated for around 4 years.
- Nathan Schwandt (2015-Present) – Jeffree started dating Nathan Schwandt in March 2015. They had met through Instagram. Their relationship found a place in the gossip tabloids after they were spotted together on the streets of New York City celebrating Jeffree’s birthday. A couple of days into their New York trip, Jeffree confirmed his new relationship by posting their picture on Instagram. He followed it up with another post in January. This time they were pictured in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
His natural hair color isn’t known as he loves to dye the hair in various vibrant hues.
His popularity as a makeup and fashion influencer on YouTube. He has over 5 million followers on his official YouTube channel.
In 2008, he made his first film appearance in the musical comedy movie, Hella Crazy.
In September 2009, Jeffree released his debut studio album, Beauty Killer, which was a mild success.
In July 2007, Jeffree made his TV show debut as himself on the talk show, Spread TV.
Jeffree Star has appeared in a series of TV commercials for products from his own Jeffree Star Cosmetics brand. He has starred in adverts for Velour Liquid Lipstick and Lip Ammunition among other products.
- Jeffree Star’s most famous feud is with the famous tattoo artist and owner of Kat Von D Beauty, Kat Von D. Von D ended their relationship claiming “drug use, racism, and bullying”. Star had accused Kat Von D of separating herself from him after launching his own cosmetics line. Jeffree Star has also made the accusation of Von D of profiting from his name because she continued to sell a lipstick that was named “Jeffree” after she had announced that she would be removing the shade from her collection.
- Kylie Jenner released a product in a packaging design that Star had been using since 2014. Star was not happy about what he saw as “derivative packaging”. He had also negatively reviewed her $360 makeup brush set. After the feud, Jenner removed Star from her PR list.
- Kim Kardashian released contour powders in her palette. When Jeffree Star saw the swatches of the colors, he made the remark that something didn’t look right. Star responded that Kim needed to learn how to swatch properly. Later, Kim Kardashian tried to defend Star over an allegedly racist remark he had made. She told followers “to get over it”. Responding to backlash, she made a statement, “I really didn’t have the right to say ‘get over it’ to a situation that involves racism”.
- Manny MUA, Laura Lee, and Gabriel Zamora all fell out with Star, publicly surfacing after Star called Laura Lee “pure evil”. Gabriel Zamora made a tweet accusing Star of racism. However, old offensive tweets and Snapchats from Laura, Manny and Gabriel exposed the trio’s hypocrisy. Since then Laura has posted a tearful apology video which was criticized because she was perceived to present herself as a victim. The video has over nine million views and over 711,000 dislikes. Gabriel Zamora posted his own apology which accused Laura and Manny of being fake friends for trying to blame everything on him and trying to separate themselves from the scandal. Lastly, Manny MUA posted his own video apologizing; this also received backlash.
Jeffree Star Favorites
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Paris
- Favorite Emoji Alter Ego – Red Lipstick One or The Handcuff One
- Favorite Thing About London – Architecture
- Favorite Boy Band – Backstreet Boys
- Favorite Song – 2 Become 1 by Spice Girls
- Favorite Products From Her Makeup Collection – Peach Goddess Skin Frost, Unicorn Blood Velour Liquid Lipstick
- Favorite Snapchat Filter – Flower Crown
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Food – Mexican Cuisine
Jeffree Star Net worth
Jeffree Star has a estimated net worth of $50 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jeffree Star
- Instagram – jeffreestarcosmetics
- Twitter – Jeffree Star
- YouTube Channel – Jeffree Star
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeffree Star
- Jeffree became obsessed with makeup by the age of 13.
- He had started experimenting with his mother’s makeup products and often tried to recreate looks from popular fashion magazines.
- After graduating from high school, he moved to Los Angeles and took up various modeling, music and makeup jobs to pay his bills and to keep himself afloat.
- In 2009, Star released his first and only studio album, Beauty Killer, which included songs such as Lollipop Luxury featuring Nicki Minaj.
- In 2010, he signed to Konvict Muzik whose founder Akon described Star as the next Lady Gaga with plans to release a second album titled Concealer.
- In 2014, he launched his Jeffree Star Cosmetics line and has over the years released products ranging from gaudy eyeshadows to bright and vibrant lip glosses.
- In April 2016, he posted a series of tweets in which he slammed Kylie Jenner for lack of quality control in her latest range of lip gloss, which had led to the presence of split bristles in the product.
- In June 2017, he created an exclusive video to apologize for his past offensive racist behavior.
- Visit his official website @ jeffreestarcosmetics.com.