Park Bo-young is a South Korean actress who shot to fame after appearing in the comedy film, Scandal Makers, which amassed more than 8 million viewers, becoming the top grosser of the year and one of the biggest hits of Korean films ever. Park has been equally successful in her small screen ventures, playing the role of the adorable aspiring chef who is possessed by a ghost in the super hit romantic comedy Oh My Ghost or the woman with superhuman strength in the popular drama Strong Girl Bong-soon, and others.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Park Bo-young was born on the 12th of February 1990, in Jeungpyeong County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea.
She’s currently 33 years old.
She has South Korean ancestry.
Park attended Jeungpyeong Elementary School, Jeungpyeong Girls’ Middle School, and Daeseong Girls’ Commercial High School. She majored in Theatre and Film from Dankook University.
- Father – Park Wan-soo (Retired Sergeant Major of the South Korean Army)
- Mother – Choi Jeong-ok
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Park Bo-young has dated –
Park has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 2¼ inches
- In centimeters – 158 cm
- In meters – 1.58 m
- In Kilograms – 45 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 30-24-32
- Bust – 30 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 30B
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’, ‘light brown’, and ‘auburn’.
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Park became known for her leading roles in the hit films Scandal Makers (2008), A Werewolf Boy (2012) and On Your Wedding Day (2018), and the television series Oh My Ghost (2015), Strong Girl Bong-soon (2017), Abyss (2019), and Doom at Your Service (2021).
In 2005, Bo-young appeared in a short film titled Equal when she was in middle school. The short film won Challenging Reality Award (현실도전상) at the 7th Seoul International Youth Film Festival (SIYFF 2005).
In 2006, Park made her official acting debut in television series Secret Campus alongside fellow newcomer Lee Min-ho. Among the notable projects during the early stage in her career are the historical epic The King and I and Peabody Award-winning teen drama Jungle Fish with Kim Soo-hyun.
Bo-young has done endorsement work for several brands such as Coca-cola (‘Toreta’), ‘Good Day’ Soju.
Park Bo-young Net worth
Park Bo-young has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – boyoung0212_official
- YouTube Channel – Park Bo-young
Some Lesser Known Facts About Park Bo-young
- Park was born in Jeungpyeong, North Chungcheong Province. She is the second of three daughters.
- In 2005, Park appeared in a short film titled Equal when she was in middle school.
- On June 10, 2011, she got noted for her natural beauty after her childhood photos were put up on an online community board .
- She earned the title of the “romantic comedy queen” after starring in the critically acclaimed and phenomenally popular TV show Oh My Ghost.
- She was designated the promotional ambassador (called “PiFan Lady”) for the 2011 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival.
- Park’s ankle ligaments were torn during a workout before shooting began for TV series Strong Girl Bong-soon.
- In April 2017, the hospital advised her to wear a cast but she had to use ankle tape and started out with physical therapy instead, due to the ongoing filming. Two months after wrapping up the series, she underwent a twenty-minute minor surgery.
- In September 2017, Park began filming the romance film On Your Wedding Day which premiered in August 2018.
- In December 2020, Park was cast in fantasy romance series Doom at Your Service alongside Seo In-guk, which premiered on May 10, 2021, on tvN.
- In April 2021, she also began filming Um Tae-hwa’s disaster thriller film Concrete Utopia alongside Lee Byung-hun and Park Seo-joon.
- On April 26, 2021, Park opened her first SNS account in 15 years since her debut. Her first Instagram post received 165,000 likes within 17 hours of its release.