Pablo Schreiber is a Canadian-American actor, known for his dramatic stage work and for his portrayal of Nick Sobotka on The Wire and for his role of George Pornstache Mendez on Orange Is the New Black, for which he received a Primetime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series. He was nominated for a Tony Award for his performance in Awake and Sing! on Broadway. He also narrated the audiobook version of Brett Easton Ellis’ American Psycho and is one of the leads in Den of Thieves. In April 2019, he was cast as Master Chief in the upcoming Halo live-action series.
Pablo Tell Schreiber
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pablo Schreiber was born on the 26th of April 1978, in Ymir, British Colombia, Canada.
He’s currently 41 years old.
He has German, Swiss-German, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Norwegian, Belgian, Scottish, Welsh and Irish ancestry.
Pablo attended Winlaw Elementary School. After high school, Schreiber enrolled at the University of San Francisco, where he hoped to win a spot on its basketball team. He later transferred to Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and graduated in 2000 with a degree in theatre.
- Father – Tell Carroll Schreiber III (Former Actor/Director, Acting Professor, Business Owner of Wood Household Furniture)
- Mother – Lorraine Reaveley (Psychotherapist, Usana Products Distributor)
- Siblings – Liev Schreiber (Older Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor), Possibly has two older maternal Half-Siblings too.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pablo Schreiber dated –
- Jessica Monty (2007–2013) – In 2007, Pablo married Yoga Instructor, Cook and Health Counsellor, Jessica. Their marriage stayed strong through the first 5 years but it was widely speculated that Pablo’s rising profile as an actor threatened the stability of his personal life. Jessica filed for a divorce claiming irreconcilable differences right before Christmas 2013 which was finalized in 2015 largely in her favor. Pablo and Jessica share joint custody of their two sons named Timoteo Schreiber and Dante Schreiber.
- In feet – 6 feet 4.75 inches
- In centimeters – 195 cm
- In meters – 1.95 m
- In Kilograms – 93 kg
- In Pounds – 205 lbs
- Measurements – 45-15½-32
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Playing the character of a corrupt corrections officer named George Mendez aka Pornstache in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black (2013–2017).
In 2001, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role of a character named Todd in Bubble Boy.
Pablo Schreiber first starred in the critically acclaimed HBO production The Wire in 2003 as a Polish-American dock worker named Nickolas/Nick Sobotka.
He was featured in the Toyota Prius 4 commercial aired during the Super Bowl (2016).
Pablo Schreiber Favorites
- Favorite Reality show – Celebrity Rehab Aired on VH1
- Favorite Romantic Song – 12 Play by R. Kelly
- Favorite Celebrity Crush – Cate Blanchett
- Favorite Comfort Food – Ice Cream
Pablo Schreiber Net worth
Pablo Schreiber has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pablo Schreiber
- His father had a strong interest in literature and hence, named him after the celebrated Chilean poet Pablo Neruda.
- Pablo lost his virginity at the age of 12.
- During his teenage years, he was an amateur rapper and performed at several school events with other rapper friends.
- Since 2016, Pablo is based in California but he considers himself a die hard New Yorker because he lived in Red Hook, Brooklyn, New York City for 10 years.
- Carlo Gugino, one of Pablo’s theatre co-stars shared that he makes a great cup of tea.
- He prefers wearing jeans and t-shirt to any other piece of clothing.
- Pablo ranked #77 on BuddyTV’s list of TV’s Sexiest Men of 2011.
- In 2011, Schreiber starred in the Off-Broadway play Gruesome Playground Injuries at Second Stage Theatre. He appeared on the seventh season of Weeds as Demetri Ravitch, Nancy Botwin’s drug supplier.
- Pablo won the We Love to Hate You Award at the 2014 Young Hollywood Awards for his role in Orange Is the New Black.
- In 2019, he began cast as Master Chief in the upcoming Halo live-action series.