Nushrat Bharucha is an Indian film actress who has played the lead female role in several commercially successful Hindi films such as Love S*x Aur Dhokha, Pyaar Ka Punchnama, Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety and Dream Girl. Bharucha debuted in Hindi cinema in 2006 with the film Jai Santoshi Maa. She then starred alongside Jackky in the science fiction romantic drama Kal Kissne Dekha which was a commercial failure.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nushrat Bharucha was born on 17th of May 1985, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 34 year sold.
Nushrat did her schooling from Lilavatibai Podar High School, Mumbai and went to Jai Hind College to pursue her graduation. She was a part of her school’s theatre and actively participated in plays and drama.
- Father – Tanvir Bharucha (Businessman)
- Mother – Tasneem Bharucha (Housewife)
- Siblings – She is the only child of her parents.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nushrat Bharucha has dated –
- Kartik Aaryan – Nushrat was rumored to be in a relationship with her Pyaar Ka Punchnama co-star, Kartik Aaryan.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
In 2011, Nushrat earned wide popularity after playing the role of Neha in the Bollywood film Pyaar Ka Punchnama. Thereafter, she appeared in Bollywood films like Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.
She made her acting debut in 2006 with the Bollywood film Jai Santoshi Maa in which she played the role of Mahima. In 2010, she made her Telugu film debut by playing the role of Shruthi in the film Taj Mahal. Her Tamil debut came in 2016 with the film Vaaliba Raja.
Nushrat made her first TV show appearance in 2002 as Chiku on the TV series Kittie Party.
Bharucha has appeared in a TV commercial for Dairy Milk Silk Oreo with the actor Aditya Seal. She also seen in an advertisement for BSNL Live TV. Nushrat has appeared in a TV commercial for Flipkart.
Awards & Nominations
|2010||Kal Kisne Dekha||Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|2012||Pyaar Ka Punchnama||Stardust Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2015||Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Role – Female||Won|
|2015||Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2||Big Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast||Won|
|2016||Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2||Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards||Best Actress In Comic Role||Won|
|2018||N/A||GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards||Rising Star of India Award||Won|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards||Best Actress in a Negative Role||Won|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Lux Golden Rose Emerging Beauty Of The Year||Nominated|
|2018||N/A||Exhibit Tech Awards||Fashion Influencer Of The Year Award||Won|
Nushrat Bharucha Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor
- Favorite Actress – Kajol, Vidya Balan
- Favorite Film Directors – Imtiaz Ali, Vishal Bhardwaj
- Favorite Books – Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga
- Favorite Dessert – Ice-Cream
- Favorite Movie – Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Favorite Musician – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Color – Grey, Olive, Brown
- Favorite Food – Chicken, Biryani, Mutton
Nushrat Bharucha Net worth
Nushrat Bharucha has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 50 to 60 lakh per film as salary.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nushrat Bharucha
- She had her first theatre experience at the age of 4. She walked on the stage dressed as Ms. Hawaii during her school’s annual function.
- She actively took part in plays and drama in her school days.
- Nushrat is fond of dogs and often shares her pictures with the dogs on her Instagram handle.
- Nushrat incepted her career with an ad commercial alongside actress Asin.
- Nushrat is highly influenced by the actor Nawazuddin Siddique.
- She has even walked the ramp for various fashion shows including Bombay Times Fashion Week and IFFD India Runway Week.
- Nusrat has also featured on the covers of various magazines like FHM India, Exhibit, Femina Brides, Travel+Leisure.
- She is a huge fan of Ranbir Kapoor.
- In 2019, Nushrat featured in Guru Randhawa‘s Punjabi song Ishq Tere.
- In 2019, Bharucha is appearing in the romantic comedy Dream Girl alongside Ayushmann Khurrana, set to release in September. She is appearing in an item number Peeyu Datke in Milap Zaveri’s action thriller Marjaavaan alongside Sidharth Malhotra.
- In 2020, she is all set to reunite with Rajkummar Rao in Hansal Mehta’s social comedy Turram Khan, set to release in January.