Nastia Liukin is a Russian American former artistic gymnast. She is the 2008 Olympic All Around champion, a five-time Olympic medalist, the 2005 and 2007 world champion on the balance beam and the 2005 world champion on the uneven bars. She is also a four-time all-around U.S. national champion, winning twice as a junior and twice as a senior. Liukin also tied Miller’s record as the American gymnast having won the most medals in a single non-boycotted Olympic Games.
Anastasia Valeryevna Liukina
Former Artistic Gymnast, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nastia Liukin was born on the 30th of October 1989, in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Moscow, Russian Federation).
She’s currently 30 years old.
Parker, Texas, United States
She has Russian ancestry.
Nastia graduated from Spring Creek Academy in Plano, Texas, in the spring of 2007. She enrolled as a freshman international business major at Southern Methodist University in January 2008 and took a leave from classes to concentrate on preparations for the 2008 Olympic Games. She returned to campus in spring 2009, but her travel schedule and professional commitments caused her to withdraw before the end of the semester. In January 2013, she attended New York University where she studied sports management and psychology and graduated in 2016.
- Father – Valeri Liukin (Olympic gold medalist 1988, Gymnastics Academy owner)
- Mother – Anna Kotchneva (Former Gymnast, World Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion 1987)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nastia Liukin has dated –
- Evan Lysacek (2009) – Liukin was in a relationship with American figure skater Evan Lysacek but Lysacek denied the rumors in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, stating that the two were just very close friends.
- Matt Lombardi (2015–2018) – In June 1, 2015, Liukin was engaged to Matt Lombardi, a former Boston College hockey player. She announced the engagement on Instagram, with a photo of her ring and her fiancé in the background, with the caption “So this just happened”. In November 2018, she representative have confirmed that she & Lombardi have called off the engagement after a three-year relationship.
- Sam Martin (2019-Present) – In 2019, Liukin hit the red carpet at the ESPYS with Sam Martin of the Detroit Lions. In July of last year, Liukin opened up to PEOPLE about her new relationship with the NFL player.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Nastia is the 2008 Olympic All-Around champion, a five-time Olympic medalist, the 2005 & 2007 world champion on the balance beam & the 2005 world champion on the uneven bars. She is also a four-time all-around U.S. national champion, winning twice as a junior and twice as a senior.
In 2002, Liukin competed in her first National Championships as a junior at the age of 12 and a half. She suffered a fall on the uneven bars that rendered her unable to finish the routine. She continued through the rest of the competition and despite the incomplete bars set, finished 15th which landed her one of the final spots on the U.S. National Team.
In 2003, Nastia first International competition was the Pan American Games in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic where her team won the gold medal while Nastia won 3 silver medals for her performance on the uneven bar, balance beam and all-around category scoring 37.874/40.
Nastia has done endorsement work for several brands such as Adidas (2004), Longines Sports (2006), AT&T (2007, 2008), GK Elite Sportswear (2008), Visa (2008), Caraa sport (2016), Sargento Cheese (2016), Angie’s Popcorn (2016), TULA Skincare (2016 – 2017), LUSH Handmade Cosmetics (2017) & FabFitFun Beauty Hampers (2017).
Nastia Liukin Favorites
- Favorite Fitness Icon – Gwen Stefani
- Favorite TV Show – Nashville
- Favorite Juice Brand – Suja Juices
- Favorite Chapstick Brand – Burt’s Bees
- Favorite Active Wear Brands – Athleta, Nike, Adidas, Koral, Michi, Alo Yoga
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Almond Milk Ice cream
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Drink – Coffee
- Favorite Skincare Brand – Tula
- Favorite Dry Shampoo Brand – Batiste
- Favorite Designer – Hayley Paige
- Favorite Carbohydrate Sources – Brown Rice, Sweet Potato
- Favorite Food – Sushi
Nastia Liukin Net worth
Nastia Liukin has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nastia Liukin
- Nastia started training in gymnastics at the age of 3 since she practically lived at her father’s academy because her parents could not afford a babysitter.
- Liukin speaks fluent in English and Russian.
- Liukin was ten months too young to compete as a senior in 2004 and thus was not eligible for a place on the U.S. team for the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
- In 2005, Liukin won her first senior National Championships and once again, earned gold medals on the bars and beam. At the 2005 World Championships in Melbourne, she finished second in the all-around behind teammate Chellsie Memmel with a score of 37.823.
- In March 2006, Liukin placed first in the all-around at the American Cup.
- In 2008, she won the gold medal in the uneven bars segment in the American Cup. She further competed in the Pacific Rim tournament in San Jose, where she helped her team win the gold.
- In March 2009, Liukin was announced as one of 12 semifinalists for the AAU Sullivan Award.
- In October 2011, Liukin announced that she was returning to gymnastics with the hopes of making a second Olympic team.
- In 2012, she made a brief comeback but her performance was not as extraordinary as her previous performances. She participated in the 2012 US Secret Classic and ended up with a bronze medal in the women’s balance beam segment.
- In November 2015, Nastia published her autobiography, Finding my Shine.
- Visit her official website @ nastialiukin.com.