Nam Joo-hyuk is a South Korean model and actor. He began his career as a model, and appeared in several music videos before making his screen debut with The Idle Mermaid. He rose to prominence with his role in the television series Who Are You: School 2015, and has since became notable for his leading roles in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo, The Bride of Habaek, The Light in Your Eyes, The School Nurse Files, Start Up, and Twenty-Five Twenty-One. In 2021, Nam was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 owing to his successful acting and modeling career.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nam Joo-hyuk was born on the 22th of February 1994, in Busan, South Korea.
He’s currently 29 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
Nam studies in Gyeongnam Middle School at South Korea.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nam Joo-hyuk has dated –
- Lee Sung-kyung (2017) – In 2017, Joo-hyuk was in a relationship with Korean actress and model Lee Sung Kyung for a short period of time. The couple was together for 4 months and had made their relationship public. However, after 4 months, their breakup was announced by their managing agency YG Entertainment.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Nam became known for Playing the character of Jung Joon-hyung in the South Korean television series Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo. He also rose to prominence with his role in the television series Who Are You: School 2015 (2015), and has since became notable for his leading roles in The Bride of Habaek (2017), The Light in Your Eyes (2019), The School Nurse Files (2020), Start Up (2020), and Twenty-Five Twenty-One (2022).
In 2018, Joo-hyuk had his first film onscreen role in the theatrical movie, The Great Battle as Sa-mool.
In 2014, Nam landed his first role in television by appearing as Park Dae-bak in the series, The Idle Mermaid.
Joo-hyuk has done endorsement work for several brands such as Penshoppe, and Dior Men.
Nam Joo-hyuk Net worth
Nam Joo-hyuk has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Nam Joo-hyuk
- Instagram – skawngur
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nam Joo-hyuk
- Joo-hyuk was born in Busan, South Korea.
- During his student life, Nam dreamed of becoming a professional basketball player, hence he played on the basketball team for three years.
- In 2013, Nam debuted as a model for the SONGZIO Homme 2014 S/S collection.
- In 2014, he appeared in the music videos 200% and Give Love of fellow YG Entertainment artist Akdong Musician.
- In 2019, Nam starred in the fantasy romance drama The Light In Your Eyes alongside Han Ji-min and Kim Hye-ja receiving positive reviews for his performance.
- He is close friends with model Joo Woo Jae-hyung, Park Jang-hee, and Ji Soo.
- On April 6, 2019, it was reported that Nam donated about 30 million won to the Hope Bridge Association of the National Disaster Relief for the victims of the Gangwon Province wildfire in South Korea.
- On January 31, 2023, Nam will enlist in the Capital Defense Command Military Police Group as a military police officer riot squad on March 20, 2023.