N.T. Rama Rao Jr. is an Indian film actor, Kuchipudi dancer, playback singer and television personality known for his works in Telugu cinema. He is the grandson of Telugu actor N. T. Rama Rao, who was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and who was commonly referred to as NTR. In 1996, he starred as a child artist in Ramayanam, which won the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film for that year. In 2000, his debut as an adult was with the film Ninnu Choodalani. In his film career spanning 18 years, Rao has worked in twenty eight films. He has received two state Nandi Awards, two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Awards and four CineMAA Awards. NTR was ranked 27th in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list in 2012.
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr.
Jr. NTR, Tarak, Tiger NTR
Birthday / Date of Birth
N.T. Rama Rao Jr. was born on the 20th of May 1983, in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
He’s currently 39 years old.
Rao Jr. did his schooling at Vidyaranya High School and completed his Intermediate education at St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad and went to Vignan College, Vadlamudi, Andhra Pradesh to pursue his graduation.
- Father – Nandamuri Harikrishna
- Mother – Shalini Bhaskar Rao (Homemaker), Lakshmi (Step-mother)
- Siblings – Janaki Ram (Half-brother), Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (Half-brother), Nandamuri Suhasini (Half-sister).
Girlfriend / Spouse
N.T. Rama Rao Jr. has dated –
- Lakshmi Pranathi (2011-Presents) – On 5 May 2011 , Rao married Lakshmi Pranathi, at Hyderabad Hitex Exhibition Center, Madhapur. They have two sons : Abhay Ram and Bhargav Ram.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15-32
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
N.T. Rama is best known for portraying the role of Raja in the Telugu film Yamadonga. He is a recipient of two state Nandi Awards, two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Awards and four CineMAA Awards. He was ranked 27th in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list (2012).
In 2001, NTR made his debut as a lead actor with the Telugu film Ninnu Choodalani. Next, he appeared in V. V. Vinayak’s action drama Aadi. He played the role of an action hero in the film who takes revenge on a landlord for his parent’s death. The film performed well at the box office and was one of the highest grossing films of the year 2002.
Rao Jr. has featured on several television talk shows and special programs.
Rao has endorsed various brands including Malabar Gold, Himani Navratna Hair Oil & talc powder, Boro Plus Powder and Zandu Balm in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
N.T. Rama Rao Jr. Favorites
- Favorite Actresses – Savitri
- Favorite Movies – Missamma (Telugu, 1955), Ramudu Bheemudu (Telugu, 1964)
- Favorite Beverage – Bubble Tea
- Favorite Travel Destination – Paris
- Favorite Sports – Badminton, Cricket
- Favorite Hobbies – Listening Music, Singing
- Favorite Color – Blue, Black
- Favorite Food – Biryani, Chicken 65
N.T. Rama Rao Jr. Net worth
N.T. Rama Rao Jr. has an estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2023. He gets paid around ₹13-15 crore for a film.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About N.T. Rama Rao Jr.
- Rao Jr. is the grandson of N. T. Rama Rao, a Telugu actor and former Cheif Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh.
- He is a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
- In 1991, he made his first on-screen appearance in 1991 as a child artist in the Telugu film Brahmashri Vishwamitra as Bharata.
- In 2001, he got the lead role of Venu in Telugu film Ninnu Choodalani.
- Apart from India, he has a massive fan following in Japan and his film Baadshah was also nominated for the film festival in Japan.
- Rao hosted the Telugu version of Bigg Boss reality show that was broadcast on the Star Maa channel.
- In 2009, he campaigned for the Telugu Desam Party for the Indian General Elections.
- In 2009, Rao announced that he intended to donate 20 lakhs to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to take up relief operations for flood victims.
- In 26 March 2009, he met an accident when he was on his way back to Hyderabad after an election campaign, the SUV in which he was travelling was struck head-on with another vehicle at Khammam. He suffered serious injuries and was rushed to KIMS Hospital in Hyderabad
- In 2014, Rao Jr. announced that he intended to donate 20 lakhs to CM’s Relief Fund to take up relief operations for victims of Cyclone Hudhud in Andhra Pradesh.