Milind Soman is an Indian actor, supermodel, film producer and fitness enthusiast. He is a super versatile actor and has worked in Hindi, Marathi, English, Japanese, Tamil and Swedish languages. He is also an international swimmer. In 1989, Soman is most widely recognized as the first supermodel in the country, having begun his modeling career back. Milind has also appeared in several reality TV shows like Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 3 and served as a judge on India’s Next Top Model and MTV Supermodel of the Year.
Ironman, Marathon Man of Bollywood
Supermodel, Actor, Film Producer, Fitness Promoter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Milind Soman was born on the 4th of November 1965, in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 56 years old.
Milind attended Dr. Antonio Da Silva High School and then went to Jr. College of Commerce in Mumbai. He earned his earned diploma in electrical engineering from Saboo Siddik Engineering College in Mumbai.
- Father – Prabhakar Soman (Scientist)
- Mother – Usha Soman (Teacher)
- Siblings – Netra Soman (Older Sister), Medha Soman (Older Sister), Anupama Soman (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Niranjana Konwar (Mother-in-Law), Nagen Konwar (Father-in-Law), Jharna Konwar Baruah (Sister-in-Law)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Milind Soman has dated –
- Mylène Jampanoï (2006–2009) – Milind had first met French actress and model Mylène Jampanoï on the sets of the film Valley of Flowers. They soon began dating each other. In July 2006, they got married. In 2008, the couple parted ways and in 2009, they got divorced.
- Ankita Konwar (2013-Present) – In 2013, Milind started dating air hostess Ankita Konwar. After being together for over six years they got married. On April 22, 2018 ,they tied the knot. He was 26 years older than her.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.80 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
Salt and Pepper
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Soman started getting fame in the various appearances in TV series and music videos, the most notable of which were his titular role in the sci-fi TV series Captain Vyom (1998–1999) and his key feature in the music video for the chartbuster pop song Made in India (1995).
Milind is primarily famous for being a supermodel. Basically he get famous for his work in movies such as 16 December (2002), Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula (2003), and the web series Four More Shots Please! (2019-Present).
In 2000, Milind had his first film onscreen role in the movie, Tarkieb as Captain Ajit Verma.
In 1995, Soman got featured in Alisha Chinai’s music video, Made in India. The same year, he made his debut as a television actor in A Mouthful of Sky.
In August 1995, two cases were registered against Milind and Madhu Sapre, Femina Miss India pageant 1992, for posing nude with a python wrapped around them in a print ad for Tuffs Shoes. Another case was filed against them by an advertising agency for illegal use of the python. In 2009, the court acquitted the accused persons.
Milind has endorsed many brands such as Old Spice, Tuffs Shoes, Close-Up, Oakley, Pond’s India.
Milind Soman Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Author – Bill Bryson
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Rohit Bal, Manish Arora
- Favorite Movies – Sholay, Kung Fu Panda, On Golden Pond, The Godfather
- Favorite Hobbies – Swimming, Running and Kick-Boxing
- Favorite Place – Goa, Europe
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Starbucks’s Red Velvet Cake, Sushi, Sashimi, Belgian Chocolate
Milind Soman Net worth
Milind Soman has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Milind Soman
- Instagram – milindrunning
- Twitter – Milind Usha Soman
Some Lesser Known Facts About Milind Soman
- At the age of 10, he, the first time represented his state Mahar ashtra in the swimming championship.
- In 1973, his Milind family relocated to India and settled in Mumbai where he did his schooling.
- In 1984, Milind had won a Silver medal in swimming at the inaugural South Asian Games.
- Before his acting and modeling career took off, he was a successful sportsman.
- In 1989, he got an amount of ₹50,000, for modelling the Thackersey Fabrics.
- In 1995, Soman got featured in Alisha Chinai’s music video, Made in India. The same year, he made his debut as a television actor in A Mouthful of Sky. Later, he was seen in the Indian science fiction TV Series Captain Vyom and also played part in the TV series Sea Hawks.
- In 1995, Soman and his then-girlfriend, Madhu Sapre, an ex-Miss India and model, attracted controversy in India, when the pair posed nude in a print ad for Tuffs Shoes.
- In 2009, he acted in Sachin Kundalkar’s Marathi film Gandha. He has also acted in English language, foreign language films and television series, including Valley of Flowers and The Flag.
- Soman has also produced Hindi film, Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula and television serial, Ghost Bana Dost.
- In 2010, Milind had participated in and finished in 4th place in the 3rd season of the stunt-based reality TV show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- In 2015, he had completed the Ironman Challenge in 15 hours and 19 minutes, in his very first attempt. He was given the title of ‘Ironman’ as he had completed the prescribed triathlon (3.8-km swim, 180.2-km cycle ride, and 42.2-km run) within the time limit of 17 hours.
- In 2017, Milind ended the Ultrathon of 520 km in only 3 days.
- In 2020, Soman shared a picture of himself running in the nude on a beach in Goa. The incident led to the creation of many Internet memes featuring the picture.
- In March 2021, Milind was tested positive for COVID-19.
- In July 2021, after Indian wrestler Priya Malik won a gold medal in World Cadet Wrestling Championship in Hungary, Milind took to Twitter to congratulate her thinking that she won a gold in Tokyo Olympics 2020. He later admitted his mistake but didn’t delete the tweet.