Michelle Monaghan is an American actress. She is best known for her starring roles in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Gone Baby Gone, Made of Honor, Eagle Eye, Source Code, Pixels and Patriots Day. She has also received recognition for her starring role as Julia Meade in the action spy film series Mission: Impossible, appearing in Mission: Impossible III, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
Michelle Lynn Monaghan
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michelle Monaghan was born on March 23, 1976 in Winthrop, Iowa, United States.
She is currently 43 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
She was raised Catholic.
Michelle graduated from East Buchanan High School in 1994. After graduation, she moved to Chicago to study journalism at Columbia College Chicago and began to model.
- Father – Robert Monaghan (Factory Worker)
- Mother – Sharon Monaghan (Ran a daycare center for 40 years)
- Siblings – Bob Monaghan (Older Brother), John Monaghan (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Monaghan has dated –
- Peter White (2000-Present) – In 2000, Michelle met Australian graphic artist Peter White in a party and started dating him. They got married after 5 years of dating in Sydney, Australia in August 2005. The couple have two children, daughter Willow Katherine White (b. 2008) and son Tommy Francis White (b. October 2013).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Playing Harmony Faith Lane in the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), as Julia Meade in Mission: Impossible III (2006) and as Christina Warren in the Source Code (2011).
Michelle first appeared in 2001 fashion related film Perfume for her role as Henrietta.
In 2000, Michelle played the role as Caroline Busse in the WB’s drama series Young Americans in 2 episodes.
She has appeared in television commercials about Stayfree (2001) and Secret Sheer Dry (2002). She was also seen in PSA for International Fund for Animal Welfare.
Awards & Nominations
|2005||10th Satellite Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Nominated|
|32nd Saturn Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Nominated|
|2007||13th Critics’ Choice Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Gone Baby Gone||Nominated|
|2009||San Diego Film Critics Society Awards 2009||Best Actress||Trucker||Won|
|2014||72nd Golden Globe Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||True Detective||Nominated|
|19th Satellite Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||True Detective||Nominated|
Michelle Monaghan Favorites
- Favorite Movies – Christmas Vacation (1989), A Woman Under the Influence (1974), Fargo (1996), Hands on a Hard Body: The Documentary (1997), Animal Kingdom (2010)
- Favorite Hair Color on Herself – Red
- Favorite Lip Color – Serge Lutens’ Water Lip Color
- Favorite Chicago Celebrity – Oprah Winfrey, Harry Caray
Michelle Monaghan Net worth
Michelle Monaghan has an estimated net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michelle Monaghan
- At her high school, Michelle was a class president.
- Michelle started modeling when she was still studying journalism.
- Michelle is from a working class background. So, she is the first one to enter into entertainment business from her family.
- She has a “Class A” driving license to drive 18-wheeler truck. She applit for it while filming Trucker (2008).
- In 2008, she co-starred with Patrick Dempsey in Made of Honor and co-starred with Shia LaBeouf in Eagle Eye.
- She used to smoke in the past. Michelle has smoked for a decade which she regrets sometimes.
- Michelle got a mole at the backside of her calf in 2011. It was identified as skin cancer which she got removed.
- In April 2011, she ran a half-marathon along with her mother and aunts.
- In April 2016, Monaghan joined the principal cast of Shawn Christensen’s independent feature film The Vanishing of Sidney Hall, which began filming later that month.