Mia Wasikowska is an Australian actress. She made her screen debut on the Australian television drama All Saints in 2004, followed by her feature film debut in Suburban Mayhem. She first became known to a wider audience following her critically acclaimed work on the HBO television series In Treatment. She was nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female for That Evening Sun.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mia Wasikowska was born on October 14, 1989 in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
She’s currently 29 years old.
Bronte, New South Wales, Australia
Mia studied at Cook Primary School and Ainslie Primary School. She attended the Canberra High School and completed her high school education at Karabar High School‘s Distance Education Center at Queanbeyan, which is near Canberra, through correspondence in order to continue acting while studying.
- Father – John Reid (Photographer)
- Mother – Marzena Wasikowska (Photographer)
- Siblings – Jess Wasikowska (Older Sister), Kai Wasikowska (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mia Wasikowska has dated –
- Jesse Eisenberg (2013-2015) – Mia met American actor Jesse Eisenberg while shooting for the thriller The Double in 2013. They began dating while shooting for the film but were very private about their relationship and never talked to the media about each other. They were last seen kissing each other in July 2015 at the LAX airport. When Jesse rekindled his romance with his earlier flame Anna Strout in December 2015, it was clear that Mia and Jesse had called it quits for good.
- Robert Pattinson (2018-Present)– Mia’s name was attached to her co-star of the film Maps to the Stars, British actor Robert Pattinson. They worked together again in the Damsel and the sizzling online chemistry formed the base of dating rumors. However, both the actors remained tight-lipped about the status of their relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 114 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her portrayal of the character named Sophie, a troubled teenager, in the HBO series “In Treatment” in 2008. She was just 17 when she was cast for the role. She played Alice in Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland”, a role that brought her worldwide fame and earned her a Teen Choice Award.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut as Lilya in the drama thriller film Suburban Mayhem. She was just 15 when she was offered a role of Lilya in the film.
Mia made her first TV show appearance in 2004 in the medical drama All Saints in the “Out on a Limb” episode as Lily Watson.
Mia has been affiliated with the brands Miu Miu and Prada Fragrance in the past.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Australian Film Institute||Young Actor’s Award||Suburban Mayhem||Nominated|
|2009||AFI International Award for Best Actress||In Treatment||Nominated|
|SXSW Film Festival||Special Jury Award for Best Ensemble Cast||That Evening Sun||Won|
|2010||Independent Spirit Awards||Best Supporting Female||Nominated|
|Australian Film Institute||AFI International Award for Best Actress||Alice in Wonderland||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Fight||Won|
|Choice Movie Actress: Fantasy||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Breakout Female||Nominated|
|Hollywood Film Festival||Hollywood Breakthrough Award for Actress of the Year||The Kids Are All Right||Won|
|Boston Society of Film Critics||Best Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Gotham Awards||Best Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Washington DC Area Film Critics Association||Best Acting Ensemble||Nominated|
|Detroit Film Critics Society||Best Breakthrough Performance||Nominated|
|2011||Broadcast Film Critics Association||Critics Choice Award for Best Acting Ensemble||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Empire Awards||Best Newcomer||Alice in Wonderland||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Awards||Best Actress||Jane Eyre||Nominated|
|Alliance of Women Film Journalists||EDA Award for Most Outrageous Age Difference Between Two Lovers||Albert Nobbs||Won|
|2012||Australian Film Institute||AACTA International Award for Best Actress||Jane Eyre||Nominated|
|2013||British Independent Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Double||Nominated|
|AACTA Awards||Best Direction||The Turning||Nominated|
|2014||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Actress||Stoker||Nominated|
|Empire Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Gotham Awards||Best Actress||Tracks||Nominated|
|San Diego Film Critics Society||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2015||AACTA Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Canadian Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Maps to the Stars||Nominated|
|2016||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Actress||Crimson Peak||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
Mia Wasikowska Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Home Alone
- Favorite Horror Movie – The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut
- Favorite Film Character – Holly Hunter as Ada in The Piano
- Favorite Book – Neapolitan novels by Elena Ferrante
- Favorite Designers – Rodarte, Miu Miu, Comme des Garçon
- Favorite Authors – Miranda July, JM Coetzee, Elena Ferrante
- Favorite Restaurant – Tilley’s
Mia Wasikowska Net worth
Mia Wasikowska has a net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. She resides in Bronte, New South Wales.
Social Media Profiles
Mia is not on any social media platforms.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mia Wasikowska
- Mia lived in Poland for a year with her family. She was eight when her family moved to Poland as a part of her mother’s job.
- Mia was exposed to European and Australian cinema at age 14. Although she has a shy nature, she felt acting in film was a way to explore human imperfections and was soon inspired to get into acting professionally.
- She is good friends with Jamie Bell.
- In 2008, Mia was named as one of Variety magazine’s Top Ten Actors to Watch.
- In December 2011, Mia joined a group of actors to film a series of shorts from The New York Times called Touch of Evil which honored the art of cinematic villainy.
- In 20111, she was included in the list of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- Mia replaced Emma Stone in the 2015 film Crimson Peak.
- She is an avid photographer and is known to capture unfiltered moments from her film sets with her Rolleiflex camera.
- She made her directorial debut in 2013 by directing a segment of the film The Turning, which was adapted from the short stories of the same name by Australian author Tim Winton.
- In February 2017, it was announced that she had filmed the forthcoming thriller Piercing, directed by Nicolas Pesce and based on Ryū Murakami’s 1994 novel of the same name.