Marc Jacobs is an American fashion designer. He’s the top designer for his own fashion label, Marc Jacobs, and formerly Marc by Marc Jacobs, a diffusion line, which was produced for about 15 years having been discontinued after the 2015 fall/winter collection. At one point there have been over 200 retail stores in 80 countries.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Marc Jacobs was born on 9th April 1963 in New York City, New York, United States.
He is currently 59 years old.
Marc studied in High School of Art and Design, after which he joined the Parsons School of Design in New York and managed to achieve the Perry Ellis Gold Thimble Award, Chester Weinberg Gold Thimble Award, and Design Student of the Year Award for his creative creations.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marc Jacobs has dated –
- Jason Preston (2006-2008) – Marc and Jason had an on and off relationship during their time together. Jason worked as an escort. Jason had inked Marc’s name on his right hand. They even got engaged briefly before splitting up for good.
- Lorenzo Martone (2007-2010) – Lorenzo and Marc Jacobs dated for a while. Lorenzo hails from São Paulo, Brazil and is an entrepreneur in the fashion industry. The couple had a steady relationship while they were together. They were also engaged. The duo was even rumored to have gotten married, but Marc strongly denied it saying that he had never married anyone. They were often been photographed by the paparazzi while on exotic vacations. The pair was renamed MarLo by tabloid writers. Even after their break up in early 2010, they managed to remain friends.
- Austin Armacost (2008-2009) – Marc and Austin had a brief affair for a few months. Austin is a British-American reality television personality who appeared in the 2015 series of Celebrity Big Brother.
- Harry Louis (2011-2013) – Marc dated adult film actor from Brazil, Harry for a while. Harry also runs a chocolate-making business in London. The couple was in a long distance relationship. They tried to balance their individual careers and relationship, by taking romantic breaks together. But eventually, the distance issue caught up with them and they parted ways amicably around October 2013. Harry confirmed their split on Instagram.
- Charly Defrancesco (2015-Present) – Marc and Char have been together for a while. They started dating in 2015. Char is into candle making business who is an Italian raised in Los Angeles. They travel together for Marc’s project. The couple resides in West Village townhouse in New York City. On April 4, 2018, Marc proposed to his boyfriend Charly in a Chipotle restaurant. The proposal happened through a flash mob who executed the song “Kiss” by Prince. After a year of the proposal, on April 7, 2019, the couple got married.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 in
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
Salt and Pepper
Marc is a famous American fashion designer who is well-known across the globe. The designer has been on Time’s magazine as one of the 100 most influential people. Jacobs has 200 retail stores, his very own fashion label, and a diffusion line.
His Candle Brand is Prolétariat and Carmélite from Cire Trudon, and Wallet Brand Louis Vuitton Wallet by Yayoi Kusama, Marc Jacobs is a successful brand on its own.
Marc Jacobs Net worth
Marc Jacobs has an estimated net worth of $120 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Marc Jacobs
- Instagram – marcjacobs
- Twitter – Marc Jacobs
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marc Jacobs
- Jacobs knew from a young age that he wanted to be a famous designer.
- He worked as a stock boy at Charivari, a New York boutique, at 13.
- Marc is the youngest person to have ever been awarded the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent.
- He was best friends with model Kate Moss for several years.
- Jacobs, at the age of 21, designed his first collection for the brand Sketchbook for Reuben Thomas.
- His kind of Little Black dress is the one with little black patchwork in the form of an evening dress which would look like shattered jet glass.
- His favorite singer is Taylor Swift.
- In 1984, Jacobs created his first collection under the Marc Jacobs label.
- In 1987, he was the youngest designer ever to receive the fashion industry’s highest honor: the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent.
- In 1991, Marc won an award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- In 1997, Jacobs was chosen creative director, in Paris, of the Louis Vuitton house of luxury goods.