Lil Jon is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer and DJ. He was the lead frontman of the multi-platinum selling rap group, Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz and was instrumental in the emergence of the sub hip/hop genre Crunk. He is credited with bringing the genre into mainstream success, producing Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 singles Get Low, Goodies, Cyclone, Freek-a-Leek and Yeah! Yeah! won a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Performance. In 2013, Jon collaborated with DJ Snake and released the EDM multi platinum hit, Turn Down For What that won Billboard Music Award for Top Dance/Electronic Song.
Jonathan Mortimer Smith
Lil Jizzel, King of Crunk
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, DJ
Hip Hop, Crunk, Southern Hip Hop, Funk
Vocals, Keyboard, Synthesizer, Drum Machine, Sampler
BME, Universal, Republic TVT, Little Jonathan Inc.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lol Jon was born on the 17th of January 1971, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
He is currently 52 years old.
He has African American ancestry.
Jon went to the Frederick Douglass High School in Atlanta. He eventually graduated from high school in 1989 and got enrolled at the St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. He studied at the university for 2 years.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Carrie Smith-Williams
- Siblings – Chris Smith (Brother), Willie Smith (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Jon has dated –
- Nicole Smith – In 2004, Jon married his long-time girlfriend Nicole Smith in a lavish ceremony held at Wyndham El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. They also have a son named Nathan Smith (b. 1998), who is a hockey player.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 54 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-32
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
He wears a shoe size 9 (US).
Jon popularity of his single, Turn Down for What, which managed to reach as high as the 4th spot on Billboard Hot 100 and was certified 5x Platinum by the RIAA. DJ Snake had collaborated for the single.
In June 2010, Lil released his debut solo studio album, Crunk Rock, which went on to reach the 5th position on the US rap charts. His debut studio album with The East Side Boyz was Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album, which was released in October 1997 and was a moderate success.
In 2004, Jon made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Soul Plane.
Lil has featured on Celebrity Apprentice, finishing 4th in its 11th season and 3rd in its 13th season, The All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.
Jon has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands, Bud Light & Radio Shack.
Lil Jon Favorites
- Favorite Influences – 8Ball & MJG, 2 Live Crew, OutKast, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Geto Boys, Dr. Dre, N.W.A, Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Favorite Apps – Postmates, GrubHub, Eat24
- Favorite Karaoke Song – Get Low
- Favorite Book – Art Of War
- Favorite Sport – Hockey (An avid fan of Atlanta Thrashers hockey team (NHL))
- Favorite Perfume – Eau de Perfume by Tom Ford
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Food – Mediterranean
Lil Jon Net worth
Jon has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2023. He expresses this influence in his aggressive delivery and yelling style of rap. The contemporary rapper owns a Lamborghini Murcielago and a Bugatti Veyron. He lives with his family in a luxury mansion in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Lil Jon
- Instagram – liljon
- Twitter – Lil Jon
- YouTube Channel – LilJonVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lil Jon
- After returning from St. Joseph’s University, he started performing as a DJ in many of the Georgia-based hip-hop clubs.
- Jon has been a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice, finishing 4th in its 11th season and 3rd in its 13th season, The All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.
- He is a huge fan of the Atlanta Thrashers hockey team.
- In 2000, he launched his own record label, BME Recordings. He inked a distribution deal with Georgia-based Norcross Music Distribution.
- In 2003, Lil was the voice of Jang Ryang in the American remake of the South Korean film, Volcano High, broadcast on MTV.
- In 2004, Jon & The East Side Boyz released what would be the group’s last studio album, Crunk Juice.
- In 2006, he announced that he had ended his record deal with TVT. He alleged that the owner of the record label, Steve Gottlieb, was shortchanging him.
- In 2007, Lil managed to find a place on Guinness Book of World Records by wearing the biggest diamond pendant, which was 7.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide, 1 inch thick and weighed 5.11 lbs. It was worth $500,000 and was encrusted with 73 carats of diamonds.
- In 2008, he announced his new venture Lil Jonathan’s Winery. His winery had a collection of merlot and chardonnay wines.
- In July 2011, Jon released a song with LMFAO called Drink through Ultra Records.
- In 2013, Lil collaborated with DJ Snake and released Turn Down for What on Columbia Records.
- In 2013, he collaborated with Zumba Fitness to start a new nightclub tour known as Zumba Nightclub Series. As a part of the deal, he also created Work single for Zumba Fitness.
- In October 2015, Lil launched his exclusive app, VEXT, which allowed users to create a video clip using video and soundboard-style clips, which could be easily shared via an SMS.
- In January 29, 2019, a Pepsi Super bowl Commercial featuring Lil Jon, rapper Cardi B and actor Steve Carell was released.