Lee Min-ho is a South Korean actor, singer, model, creative director and businessman. He gained widespread fame worldwide with his role as Gu Jun-pyo in Boys Over Flowers which also earned him the Best New Actor award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. His notable lead roles in television series include Personal Taste, City Hunter, Faith), The Heirs, The Legend of the Blue Sea. In 2020 he starred in Studio Dragon’s The King: Eternal Monarch, which grossed $135 million. Apart from his television career, Lee featured in the first lead role in the film Gangnam Blues.
Lee, Da Meng (Big Cutie), Lee San Sui (Three-Year-Old Lee)
Actor, Singer, Model, Creative Director, Businessperson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lee Min-ho was born on the 22th of June 1987, in Heukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
He’s currently 35 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
In 2006, Lee enrolled at Konkuk University. In the university’s College of Art and Design, he began majoring in Film Arts, for which he has since gotten a bachelor’s degree. He is currently pursuing his master’s degree in Film at Kookmin University Graduate School.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lee Yong-jung (Older Sister) (CEO of MYM Entertainment)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Min-ho has dated –
- Park Min-young (2011) – In 2011, Lee started dating actress Park Min-young in the early months. Their relationship was made public after they were pictured out on a date. But they didn’t remain together for long and opted to go separate ways after dating for a couple of months. While reading out a statement about their breakup.
- Kim Hee-sun (2013) – In 2013, Min-ho reportedly hooked up with actress Kim Hee-sun while working with her in the TV drama, Faith. Their alleged affair was quite controversial as Kim was already married. They went out for a bunch of months before ending things due to mounting controversy.
- Park Shin-hye (2013) – In 2013, Lee and actress Park Shin-hye dated together. They got close while working on the movie The Heirs.
- Bae Suzy (2015-2017) – In 2015, Lee had a big crush on singer Bae Suzy for a long time. He had tried to set up a date with her through various mutual acquaintances before he finally started going out with her. Towards the end of 2016, Lee was keen to marry her. However, Bae wasn’t prepared to get married yet. In March 2017, the reports alleged that they had broken up. The reason for the breakup was Suzy’s infidelity, who was hooking up with actor Lee Jong-suk.
- In feet – 6 feet 1½ inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Min-ho became known for being cast as Gu Jun-pyo in the South Korean romantic drama series, Boys Over Flowers. He is also Playing the leading role in the action-thriller TV drama, City Hunter which was based on the Japanese manga series of the same name.
In 2008, Lee made his film debut in the role of Jung Ha-yeon in the action movie, Public Enemy Returns.
In 2003, Min-ho made his first TV show appearance in a minor role in Sharp.
Lee has done endorsement work for several brands such as electronics giant, LG, Bang Bang, Binggrae Banana Milk, Kia Motors, Eider, Etude House, Romanson Watches, Twosome Place, Semir, Lotte Duty-Free, Ferrero Rocher Chocolates, Jeju Air, Samsonite Red with Kim Jisoo (Black Pink singer), Luwak White Koffie, Korean Tourism, Kumho Tires.
Lee Min-ho Net worth
Lee Min-ho has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Lee Min-ho
- Instagram – actorleeminho
- Twitter – Lee Min-ho
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lee Min-ho
- Min-ho was born in Heukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul.
- As a child, Lee initially hoped to become a professional football player. While attending Namseong Elementary School (서울남성초등학교), he was selected for the junior football class of manager and ex-professional player Cha Bum-kun. However, an injury during fifth grade put an end to his aspiration.
- He took on a number of modeling projects while he was studying in high school. He gave his first earning from modeling to his mother.
- In 2006, he was involved in a serious accident while traveling with actor Jung Il-woo. He couldn’t move for the initial months and had to stay in the hospital for nearly a month.
- In 2009, Lee’s breakthrough came with the lead role of Gu Jun-pyo in KBS’ Boys Over Flowers, the Korean adaptation of the popular Shōjo manga of the same name.
- In 2011, he played the titular character in action drama City Hunter, which was loosely based on Tsukasa Hojo’s popular manga.
- In 2014, Min-ho launched the PROMIZ website, which served as a platform to raise awareness about a host of humanitarian and social causes and to encourage donation.
- In 2016, he starred in the action comedy Bounty Hunters, directed by Shin Terra. The film topped box office charts on its release date and went on to gross $31 million in China.
- In 2019, Min-ho was cast alongside Kim Go-eun in the SBS-broadcast and Netflix-distributed romantic-fantasy drama The King: Eternal Monarch written by The Heirs writer Kim Eun-sook.
- In 2022, Lee began with a supporting role as Koh Hansu, a mysterious merchant, in the television series adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s novel Pachinko.