Laura Carmichael is an English film and television actress, most widely known for her performance as Lady Edith Crawley in the ITV (UK) and PBS (US) television period drama series Downton Abbey. Her other work includes television series Marcella and the feature film A United Kingdom. Carmichael stars in the 2015 British black comedy feature film Burn, Burn, Burn, a coming-of-age tale, inspired by the Jack Kerouac novel On the Road published in 1957.
Laura Elizabeth Carmichael
Tucano, Lady Edith Crawley
Birthday / Date of Birth
Laura Carmichael was born on the 16th of July 1986, in Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Carmichael was educated at Shirley Junior School, The Mountbatten School and Peter Symonds College. She attended the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in Bristol, graduating in 2007, before spending two years in various odd jobs, including a teaching assistant, receptionist and nanny while going to tiny auditions in fringe theatres.
- Father – Andrew Carmichael (Software Consultant)
- Mother – Sarah Carmichael (Radiographer)
- Siblings – Amy Carmichael (Older Sister), Olivia Carmichael (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Carmichael has dated –
- Michael C. Fox – In 2018, Carmichael has been in a relationship with her Downton Abbey co-star Michael C. Fox.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She has naturally Dark Brown Hair.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Laura most widely known for her performance as Lady Edith Crawley in the ITV (UK) and PBS (US) television period drama series Downton Abbey. Her other work includes television series Marcella (2016) and the feature film A United Kingdom (2016).
In 2011, Laura played Sal in her debut movie, a Cold War espionage film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
In 2010, She first appeared on television in Downton Abbey, where she portrayed the role as Lady Edith Crawley. It is a British period drama television series.
Laura has not endorsed any of the brands.
Laura Carmichael Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Place – Italy, Mexico
- Favorite TV Show – With All Due Respect
- Favorite Books / Poems – Grand Central Sat Down and Wept (Elizabeth Smart)
- Favorite Music – Fun’s album Some Nights and BBC Radio 6
- Favorite Apparels – Anything Vintage
- Favorite Style Icon – Meryl Streep in Kramer Vs Kramer (1979)
- Favorite Make-Up – Vintage Red Lipstick
- Favorite Food – Pizza, Pasta, Tapas
Laura Carmichael Net worth
Laura Carmichael has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Laura Carmichael
- Instagram – laruacarmichael
- Twitter – Laura Carmichael
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laura Carmichael
- Carmichael worked as an office receptionist and teaching assistant while auditioning for various acting roles in both films and TV shows.
- She likes to travel to Italy and Mexico.
- She is a social worker and supports various philanthropic activities.
- She became an international sensation after her portrayal of Lady Edith Crawley in the hit TV series Downton Abbey.
- She was part of the cast of Downton Abbey that won The Screen Actors Guild Award For Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in the year 2014.
- She likes to cook food. For example – a roast dinner.
- In 2009, she played Miranda in a touring production of Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- In 2012 ,She made her West End debut in Uncle Vanya opposite Anna Friel and Samuel West.
- In 2013, She played Arabella in The Fitzrovia Radio Hour at The Underglobe Theatre.
- In 2016, Carmichael stars in ITV’s new television crime drama series, Marcella, as Maddy Stevenson.
- In 2016, Carmichael portrays Muriel Williams in A United Kingdom, a political yet romantic drama, also starring Rosamund Pike and David Oyelowo.
- In 2016, She played Madam in Jamie Lloyd’s production of The Maids at the Trafalgar Studios in London’s West End, co-starring Uzo Aduba.