Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is a Japanese singer, model and blogger. Pamyu Pamyu’s music is produced by musician Yasutaka Nakata of electronic music duo Capsule. She is well known for her 2011 single Pon Pon Pon, which reached the top ten on Japan’s Oricon music chart the 2012 singles Candy Candy and Fashion Monster followed this success. Pamyu Pamyu has since released three full-length albums: Pamyu Pamyu Revolution, Nanda Collection and Pika Pika Fantajin.
Kyary, Caroline Charonplop Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Singer, Model, Blogger
J-Pop, Dance-Pop, EDM, Glitch, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, Synth-Pop, Electronica, Dubstep
Unborde, Warner Musical Group (2011), Sire Records (Signed up in 2013)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu was born on January 29, 1993, in Tokyo, Japan.
She’s currently 26 years old.
Her religious beliefs aren’t known publicly.
Kyary Pamyu’s educational background is unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
She is represented by Asobisystem.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kyary has dated –
- Satoshi Fukase (2013-2015) – The lead vocalist of the Japanese pop band Sekai no Owari, Satoshi Fukase dated Pamyu for just a little over 2 years from June 2013 up until August 2015 when the couple mutually ended their relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 1¾ inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 45 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 30F
She prefers to dye her hair in many colors such as brown, blonde, blue, purple and pink.
She wears a size 5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her single Pon Pon Pon (2011) that got ranked in Japan’s top 10 Oricon music chart. Being Japan’s Harajuku Pop Princess and J-Pop Princess
In May 2012, Kyary’s debut studio album, titled Pamyu Pamyu Revolution, was released by Yasutaka Nakata (CAPSULE) via Warner Music Japan.
She was featured as herself in her first theatrical film Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Cinema John! in 2014.
She made her first TV show appearance as the hostess of the show Kyary Pamyu Pamyu TV John! in 2011.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has endorsed various brands like Nintendo, Glico, Mameshiba & GU Clothing.
- Protruding eyes
- Pouty Lips
- Oval Face
- Fringe Hair
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Favorites
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Clothing Store – Candy Stripper
- Favorite Anime And Manga Show – Crayon Shin-Chan
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Net worth
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has a estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. She achieved success with her 2011 single “PonPonPon” which cracked the Top 10 in Japan.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
- Instagram – kyarypappa
- Twitter – きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ
- YouTube Channel – kyarypamyupamyuTV
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
- She has been featured on the cover of the British magazine Dazed & Confused in their December 2012 issue.
- Her parents were very strict. While growing up, Pamyu wasn’t allowed to use her cell phone as freely as she wanted.
- Pamyu dressed traditionally due to her mother being very strict about her fashion sense. However, there were times when she would change her traditional clothing into Harajuku-style clothing using a public toilet.
- Kyary has worked with Eyemazing, a company that produced fake eyelashes which were known as Harajuku Dolls Eyelashes.
- Kyary started taking dance lessons in her early years.
- At the age of 12, she was seen in a couple of video series called Imouto Club and Kasumi.
- Pamyu’s first album Pamyu Pamyu Revolution (May 2012) and second album Nanda Collection (June 2013) were ranked #2 and #1, respectively in the Oricon Weekly.
- She was a fashion blogger and a model before she began her musical career.
- Japanese DJ and record producer, Yasutaka Nakata motivated Kyary Pamyu to become a singer.
- In 2011, Pamyu released an autobiography named Oh! My God!! Harajuku Girl that talks about her journey to fame.
- In 2013, Kyary’s outfits were displayed at a museum named after her stage name Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and it was called the Kyary Pamyu Pamuseum.
- Kyary delivered her first American performance during a fashion show on December 9, 2011.
- Kyary’s album was compared against Coldplay and Ed Sheeran‘s album releases as the biggest sellers by the Warner Music Group in January 2015.
- In the past, accusations were put against Kyary by the press, stating, her fashion was the reason why she got fame and it was not just the music.
- All of Pamyu’s music videos and live shows are designed in such a way that only her face is visible and background performers wear masks.
- In 2016, she became the most followed Japanese female celebrity on Twitter.
- Her hit single Pon Pon Pon was used on the 540th episode, Married to the Blob, of the sitcom The Simpsons in 2014.
- Her videos have been known for going viral across the western world.
- Visit her official website @kyary.asobisystem.com.