Kriti Kharbanda is an Indian film actress. Best known for her work in the Kannada and the Telugu film industries, she has received accolades including a SIIMA Award and two nominations for the Filmfare Award South. After beginning her career as a model, Kharbanda made her acting debut in 2009 with the Telugu film Boni. Having made her debut in the Hindi film industry with a supporting role in the 2016 thriller Raaz: Reboot, Kharbanda garnered wider recognition for her work in the 2017 romantic comedy Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kriti Kharbanda was born on 29 October 1990, in New Delhi, India.
She is currently 28 years old.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
She is of Punjabi ancestry.
Kriti attended the Baldwin Girls High School for high school education and completed her 12th grade at the Bishop Cotton girl’s school, ISC. She then enrolled at the Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, where she studied jewel designing.
- Father – Ashwani Kharbanda (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Rajni Kharbanda (Entrepreneur)
- Siblings – Ishita Kharbanda (Younger Sister) (Chartered Accountant), Jaiwardhan Kharbanda (Younger Brother) (Co-founder of Paper Plane Productions)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kriti has dated –
- Gaurav Arora (2015) – In 2015, the Mirror reported that Kriti and Gaurav were spotted together while shooting for Raaz: Reboot in Romania. The two were rumored to be dating.
- Sumanth Kumar (2017)– As per a news posted by the Times of India in 2017, Kriti was in an on-and-off relationship with actor-producer Sumanth Kumar. However, she has always claimed that both are best friends.
- In feet – 5 feet 1 inch
- In centimeters – 155 cm
- In meters – 1.55 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her portrayal of Swati in the 2013 romantic comedy Googly. Playing the role of Shaina in the Hindi film Raaz: Reboot opposite Emraan Hashmi
Kriti Kharbanda made her acting debut in 2009, playing Pragathi in the Telugu film Boni alongside Sumanth. The film met with negative reviews and was a disaster at the box office, but she received rave reviews for her stunning performance as a female lead in the film. In 2010, she landed a lead role in the Kannada film, Chiru. Her Hindi debut came in 2016 when she was cast in Raaz: Reboot, a horror thriller film. In 2017, she made her Tamil debut in the action comedy film, Bruce Lee, opposite GV Prakash Kumar.
In 2014, Kriti debuted in television with the reality show, Bigg Boss Kannada.
As a model, she has appeared in a number of ad campaigns and TV commercials for One Plus, Bodycraft Spa & Salon, Kalki Fashion, Samsung India, Yardley Perfumes, Fila India, Fair and Lovely, OPPO F5, Myntra and Only India.
In 2014, she was harassed at the Gowda International Airport, Bengaluru as she was asked to pay extra money for her baggage.
Kriti Kharbanda Favorites
- Favorite Role Model – Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Actors – Saif Ali Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan
- Favorite Actresses – Ramya, Dia Mirza, Aindrita Ray, Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Directors – S.S. Rajamouli, Shoojit Sircar
- Favorite Musician – A.R. Rahman
- Favorite Food – Chilli Chicken, Matar Paneer
Kriti Kharbanda Net worth
Kriti Kharbanda has an estimated net wort of over $1.5 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs. 60 lakh upwards as salary for her work in movies. She lives in a luxury apartment in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kriti Kharbanda
- She was born in Delhi but her family shifted to Bangalore when she was only 4 years old.
- She was signed for her first film after being spotted on the Spar billboard.
- Her first film was not received very well by the critics but her role got a positive response.
- She shot for 3 different Kannada films in the year 2014.
- Her portrayal of Swati in the 2013 film Googly was praised by the critics and the film was one of the highest grosser of the year in the Kannada film industry.
- She was named the “Most Desirable Woman of Banglore” by Banglore Times in 2013.
- She began her modeling career at a very young age by appearing in TV commercials and print ads and continued to do modeling gigs in college.
- She was discovered by an NRI director Raj Pippala, who saw her photo on the Spar billboard and immediately offered a role in his film. She won the lead role in the Telugu film Boni after her successful audition.
- She’s a shoe lover and has over 150 pairs of shoes.
- She earned nominations for Filmfare Award and SIIMA Award, both for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Kavya in the Telugu film Bruce Lee – The Fighter.