Kristen Wiig is an American actress, comedian, writer and producer. Wiig attended the University of Arizona, where she majored in fine art. She later relocated to Los Angeles, where she broke into comedy as a member of the improvisational comedy troupe The Groundlings and made her television debut in 2003. Wiig provided her voice for the animated franchises Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon and was also nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for her role as Cynthia Morehouse in the miniseries The Spoils of Babylon. Her other notable roles include The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Skeleton Twins, The Diary of a Teenage Girl, The Martian and Ghostbusters. In 2020, she will play the villainess Cheetah in the superhero film Wonder Woman 1984.
Kristen Carroll Wiig
The Brown Cow
Actress, Comedian, Writer, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kristen Wiig was born on 22 August 1973, in Canandaigua, New York, United States.
She’s currently 45 years old.
She is of Norwegian and Irish descent on her father’s side while she is of Scottish and English descent from her mother’s side.
Kristen Wiig studied at the Nitrauer Elementary School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Later, she got admission at the Manheim Township Middle School and studied there until 8th grade. After her family moved to Rochester, New York, she got enrolled at the Allendale Columbia School and studied there for two years, leaving school in 10th grade. She later studied at the Brighton High School. As she couldn’t find her choice of college in the first try, she decided to take a three-month outdoor living program from a local community college in Rochester. Finally, she got enrolled at the University of Arizona and majored in Arts.
- Father – Jon Wiig (Operated a lake marina in Western New York)
- Mother – Laurie Wiig (Artist)
- Siblings – Erik Wiig (Brother)
- Others – Gunnar Arna Wiig (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Josephine McCue (Paternal Grandmother), William Carroll Johnston (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Curtis Day (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristen Wiig has dated-
- Hayes Hargrove (2005-2009) – After dating for some time, Kristen got married to actor Hayes Hargrove in 2005. Their married life lasted for about 4 years as they got divorced in 2009.
- Brian Petsos (2009-2011) – After the end of her first marriage, Wiig found solace in the company of actor and comedy writer Brian Petsos. They had first met while they were studying in high school and were mere 15 years old. However, thereafter, they fell out of touch and got to meet again while working on Saturday Night Live. They often recorded comedy videos as a couple in their apartment for the website FunnyorDie.com. After dating for nearly two years, they decided to go separate ways in 2011.
- Fabrizio Moretti (2011-2013) – Kristen was first linked with Italian Brazilian musician Fabrizio Moretti towards the end of 2011. They were pictured kissing at the Black Keys concert in December 2011 and made their relationship public in July 2012 after they attended Wiig’s Bridesmaids costar Ellie Kemper’s wedding as a couple. By July 2013, they had decided to go separate ways.
- Scott Speedman (2014) – In September 2014, Kristen was linked with comedian Scott Speedman. They were reported to have spent a lot of time together in each other’s company at the Toronto Film Festival. On September 5, they arrived at the star studded party for the comedy drama film St. Vincent (2014) holding hands as a couple. It was also reported that they had left the party early with each other.
- Avi Rothman (2016) – Kristen’s relationship with actor Avi Rothman came to light in May 2016 after they were pictured kissing passionately while on a vacation in romantic Kauai, Hawaii. However, a source close to the famous actress revealed that they had been secretly dating for months.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Having played the lead role in the comedy movie, Bridesmaids. She had co-written the script of the movie also. Her stint in the popular comedy sketch show, Saturday Night Live. She bagged multiple Emmy nominations for her work in the comedy show.
In 2003, Kristen Wiig landed with a small role in the drama movie, Melvin Goes to Dinner. As a leading lady, she debuted in the 2006 Christmas movie Unaccompanied Minors.
In 2003, Kristen made her first TV show appearance in the role of Dr. Pat in the reality TV hoax show, The Joe Schmo Show. She gained immense fame and recognition for appearing in the popular comedy sketch show, Saturday Night Live, for which she earned multiple Emmy nominations.
In July 2017, Kristen was cast in a TV commercial for fast food chain, Pizza Hut. In the funny advert, she was cast in multiples roles.
Kristen Wiig Favorites
- Favorite Mascara – L’Oréal Telescopic and Maybelline Full and Soft
- Favorite Splurge-Worthy Foods – Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms, Lemon Cupcakes from Buttercup Bake Shop, Hot and Melted Cheese Sandwiches and Sweet Potato Fries
- Favorite Prized Possession – Gold Necklace with Tiny Cuckoo Clock
- Favorite Comedy Movies – Caddyshack (1980) and Beaches (1988)
- Favorite Comedy TV Show – The British Office
- Favorite Comedy Cartoon Character – Chilly Willy
Kristen Wiig Net worth
Kristen has a net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019. Most of her earnings come from salaries fro her roles in films and television series, brand endorsements and other business activities.
Social Media Portfolio
She doesn’t have any social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kristen Wiig
- After graduation, she expected to start out a job at a plastic surgery clinic drawing pictures of people’s postsurgery bodies, but decided to move to Los Angeles and act.
- In her early struggling days in Los Angeles, she was employed to wait tables in the executive dining room of Universal Studios.
- She is famous for her works such as Saturday Night Live, Bridesmaids, The Martian, Ghostbusters and Despicable Me.
- She was working with the popular improv group, The Groundlings, when her manager encouraged her to send a tape for the work in a sketch show, Saturday Night Live.
- She joined Saturday Night Live cast in November 2005 for season 31 and by the weight of her performances, she managed to survive the budget cut and by the start of season 32 was made full cast member.
- In 2003, she had to be sent to the hospital after she suffered an injury while shooting for The Joe Schmo Show.
- In April 2009, the Entertainment Weekly included Wiig in their list featuring 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood.
- In 2012, the famous Time Magazine included her in their annual 100 Most Influential People in the World list.