Kim Yoo-jung is a South Korean actress. She debuted as a model for a confectionery brand at the age of four. After her acting debut, she became one of the best known child actresses in Korea since then, after gaining public attention for starring in television series Dong Yi, Moon Embracing the Sun, May Queen, Golden Rainbow, Secret Door and Angry Mom. She also starred in the films Commitment, Thread of Lies, and Circle of Atonement. Kim has been nicknamed “Nation’s Little Sister” after playing various child roles and Sageuk fairy after taking roles in several acclaimed historical dramas in her career.
Korea’s Little Sister, Sageuk Fairy
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kim Yoo-jung was born on the 22th of September 1999, in Geumho-dong, Sokcho-si, South Korea.
She’s currently 23 years old.
She is of Korean descent.
In January 2018, Kim had graduated from the Goyang High School of Arts. A year earlier, she had deferred taking the national College Scholastic Ability Test to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Kim Sang-pae
- Mother – Mok Seon-mi
- Siblings – Kim Yeon-jung (Older Sister) (Actress), Kim Bu-gun (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Yoo-jung has dated –
Kim has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Kim became known as Korea’s Little Sister, she has grown up in the industry from a child artist to a youth icon. By the age of 21, she had already acted in more than 20 movies and more than 30 TV series.
In 2013, Yoo-jung had her first film onscreen role in the movie Commitment.
In 2003, Kim debut, she became South Korea’s most popular child artist. After gaining public attention for starring in television series Dong Yi (2010), Moon Embracing the Sun (2012), May Queen (2012), Golden Rainbow (2013), Secret Door (2014) and Angry Mom (2015).
Kim has done endorsement work for several brands such as Crown Confectionery, Domino’s Pizza, Samsung Electronics, Seoul Milk, Nintendo 3DS, FILA, Laneige, Alcon, Coca-Cola, Hana Bank .
Kim Yoo-jung Net worth
Kim Yoo-jung has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – you_r_love
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kim Yoo-jung
- Kim was born in Seongdong District, Seoul, South Korea as the youngest of three siblings.
- Kim’s acting debut when she was 4, she quickly became one of the most in-demand child actresses in Korea. By the time she was a fifth grader, Kim had already appeared in 13 TV dramas and 15 movies.
- In 2008, Yoo-jung had received her first acting award – in the category of Best Child Actress for her work in the period action-adventure TV series Iljimae.
- In August 2010, she had joined the Kiss of Love campaign through which several products produced by the Seoul Social Welfare Community Chest of Korea, bearing the lip marks and autographs of celebrities, were sold to support the self-reliance and education of children in low-income families.
- In 2012, Kim rose to popularity when she starred in the fantasy-period drama Moon Embracing the Sun, which reunited Kim with Grudge.
- In January 2013, she had participated as the first Asian runway main model of a chocolate fashion show called 1st Salon Du Chocolat Seoul. She had not charged a fee for the event.
- In 2017, Yoo-jung was ranked at number 8 on the Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list, becoming the youngest celebrity to have ever been included in the ‘Top 10’ of that list.
- In October 2020, she had been named the 229th patron of ChildFund Korea‘s Green Noble Club. She was also the youngest member to have joined the club.
- In January 2023, Kim made her theatrical stage debut taking part in Kim Dong-yeon’s play Shakespeare in Love, adapted from the 1998 film of the same name.