Kenya Moore is an American actress, model, producer, author, television personality and entrepreneur. She forayed into showbiz with modeling at age 14 and became a model for the Ebony Fashion Fair cosmetic line. Moore rose to prominence in 1993 after winning the Miss USA contest which led her to compete in that year’s Miss Universe pageant ultimately landing her among the top six, but she did not take home the crown. She subsequently appeared in minor roles in films including Waiting To Exhale and Deliver Us From Eva. Moore has produced several film projects, had a book published and starred in her own exercise video.
Kenya Summer Moore
Actress, Model, Producer, Author, Television Personality, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kenya Moore was born on the 24th of January 1971, in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
She’s currently 48 years old.
Sandy Springs, Atlanta Metropolitan Area, Georgia, United States
She has African-American ancestry.
Moore attended Cass Technical High School in Midtown Detroit, US and completed her graduation from there in 1989. She then studied at the Wayne State University and did her major in psychology and minor in communication.
- Father – Ronald Grant
- Mother – Patricia Moore (Special Education Teacher)
- Siblings – Ronnie (Younger Half-Brother ), Tara (Younger Half-Sister)
- Relatives – Aunt Lori Moore (Attorney), Doris Grant (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kenya Moore has dated –
- Walter Jackson (2012) – During Kenya’s first appearance on RHOA in 2012, Walter Jackson was introduced as her then-boyfriend. He later revealed during a radio interview that he dated Kenya for 3 months, three years prior to her relocation to Atlanta for the reality show. Right before her appearance on RHOA, she called up Walters and proposed to fake a relationship on reality TV.
- Matt Jordan (2015-2016) – Kenya officially introduced personal trainer, Matt as her boyfriend on season 8 of RHOA in 2015 who is 16 years younger than her. However, the couples mutual admiration soon diminished in the shadow of their frequent disagreement. In March 2017, she got a temporary restraining order against her ex-boyfriend in response to his toxic behavior of calling her repeatedly, lashing out at her on social media and vandalizing her property.
- Marc Daly (2017-2019) – In June 2017, she married businessman Marc Daly on a beach as revealed by Daily Mail. She was dating him from early 2017. The following year on November 4, Moore gave birth to their first child, daughter Brooklyn Doris Daly. After 2 years of marriage, Moore filed for divorce from Marc Daly on Septemeber 19, 2019.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 38-26-40
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 40 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Moore rose to prominence in 1993 after winning the Miss USA contest which led her to compete in that year’s Miss Universe pageant ultimately landing her among the top six, but she did not take home the crown. She subsequently appeared in minor roles in films including Waiting To Exhale (1995) and Deliver Us From Eva (2003).
In 1992, Kenya began modeling at the age of 14 and appeared as a cover girl for Chicago-based Johnson Publishing Company’s Ebony Man’s (EM) magazine.
In 1995, Kenya debuted with romantic film Waiting to Exhale for her role as Denise.
In 1994, she guest appeared in an episode of NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for her role as Dana.
Kenya Moore is primarily focused on promoting her hair-care range which claims to be Sulphate, Phosphate and Paraben free.
- Favorite Handbag – Chanel
- Favorite Handy Items to Carry – Double Stick Tape, Safety Pins, Eyelash Glue
- Favorite iPhone App – iPeriod (Period Tracker)
- Favorite Moisturizer – Eucerin’s Body Lotion
- Favorite Compact – Black Opal Invisible Powder
- Favorite Snack – Fiber One Chocolate Bar
- Favorite Book – Tony Robbins’ Unlimited Power
- Favorite Quick Mouth Refresher – Colgate Wisp Peppermint Mouth Freshener or Listerine Strips
- Favorite Perfume – Bvlgari or Any Soft Fragrance
- Favorite Lipstick – Mercier Plum Orchid
Kenya Moore Net worth
Kenya Moore has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kenya Moore
- Kenya Moore was born to unmarried teenage parents. Her father was only 16 while her mother was 15 when she got pregnant.
- Kenya’s estranged mother wanted to put her up for adoption the moment she was born and hasn’t been in touch with her throughout her life.
- Her father did not have the ability to raise a child, so he requested his mother to look after her instead.
- Kenya was primarily raised by her paternal grandmother Doris and Aunt Lori.
- She was named Kenya by her aunt because she thought she was dark and beautiful like the country, Kenya.
- She set up a foundation in her name to fund the education of underprivileged girls from her former high school.
- She commenced her career in showbiz as a model at 14. Eventually she was successful as a model and featured as cover girl in the January 1992 issue of Johnson Publishing Company’s monthly magazine for the African-American market Ebony Man.
- She has launched her own hair care line Kenya Moore Hair Care and presently serves as its CEO. The products on offer includes shampoo, hair conditioner and growth serum among others.
- She was the founder of the Kenya Moore Foundation which awards scholarships to under-privileged girls from her high school alma-mater.
- She published the dating advice book for men in 2007 titled, Game Get Some! What Women Really Want.
- She then landed up with the starring role of Jasmine Davis in the Rob Hardy directed 2010 erotic thriller film Trois. The film that also starred Gary Dourdan and Gretchen Palmer grossed $1.3 million at box-office and emerged among highest grossing African-American films of the year.
- In May 2012, Moore joined the season five cast of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
- In 2013, she released a workout DVD titled Kenya Moore: Booty Boot Camp.
- Visit Kenya’s official website @ kenyamoore.com.