Keira Knightley is an English actress. She has worked in the British and American film industries and has starred in Broadway and West End theatre productions. She has won an Empire Award and multiple nominations for British Academy, Golden Globe and Academy Awards.
Keira Christina Knightley
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keira Knightley was born on March 26, 1985 in Teddington, London, England.
She is currently 34 years old.
She is of English descent on her father’s side and has Welsh and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Keira attended Stanley Junior School, Teddington School and Esher College in Elmbridge, England.
- Father – Will Knightley (Theatre and TV actor)
- Mother – Sharman Macdonald (Playwright)
- Siblings – Caleb Knightley (Older Brother)
She signed up with her first agent at the age of 6.
She is currently signed with –
- United Agents Ltd.
- MGMT Entertainment
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keira Knightley dated –
- Del Synnott (2001-2003) – Keira started dating British actor Del when she met him on the set of 2001 TV movie Princess of Thieves. The relationship went for two years when the duo finally broke out in 2003.
- Jamie Dornan (2003-2005) – Irish actor, Jamie Dornan (he is 6 inches taller than her) first met Keira in New York during a photo shoot. She again dated him for 2 years from August 2003 to August 2005. It was reported that the Irish actor had a hard time handling Knightley’s success.
- Adrien Brody (2005) – After the actors Keira and Adrien Brody met on the set of The Jacket (2005), they started dating each other. At that time, they were filming the movie in Scotland. The relationship was live only for the duration of the movie shooting.
- Rupert Friend (2005-2010) – Now, this time the relationship went longer than before. Another English actor, Rupert Friend did friendship with her and dated her after they both met on the set of 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice. They didn’t start dating until the film shooting had wrapped up. They finally separated in November 2010.
- James Righton (2011-Present) – British musician, who plays keyboard for the rock band Klaxons got introduced to Knightley via Alexa Chung, their mutual friend. They started dating in 2011 and the dating relationship converted into engagement on May 25, 2012. They married on May 4, 2013 in Mazan, Vaucluse, South of France. The couple welcomed daughter Edie in May 2015, who was born in London.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Appearing in the films Bend It Like Beckham in 2002 as Juliette “Jules” Paxton, Pirates of the Caribbean series from 2003 to 2007 as Elizabeth Swann and Pride & Prejudice in 2005 as Elizabeth Bennet.
She debuted with 1995 British-French thriller film Innocent Lies for her role as Young Celia.
In 1993, Keira appeared in BBC’s anthology drama series Screen One as Little Girl.
Keira has modeled for Asprey Diamonds in 2003, Lux (Japanese brand), American Library Association’s “Read” program, etc. She has appeared in numerous commercials and print ads for Chanel Coco’s perfumes. Knightley has served as the spokesperson for the Amnesty International charity.
Keira Knightley Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Designers – A.P.C
- Favorite Music – The English Riviera (By Metronomy), Songs of Love and Hate (By Leonard Cohen)
- Favorite Book – The Passion (By Jeanette Winterson and Donna Ball), The Sun Also Rises (ByErnest Hemingway), The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway)
- Favorite Films – Little Miss Sunshine (2006), True Grit (2010), Black Swan (2010), Blue Valentine (2010)
Keira Knightley Net Worth
Keira Knightley’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $60 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – keira_knightley
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keira Knightley
- She had dyslexia when in school and so found difficulty in reading the words fluently. She was helped to overcome the difficulties with dyslexia at 6.
- Due to her dyslexia problem, she focused more on an acting career.
- Keira supports West Ham United Supporter Football club.
- She could also be heard in the video game version of the Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003 as she narrated the scenes in that game.
- She has been featured in the music video Don’t Wanna Let You Go by 5ive in 2000.
- In 1999, Keira portrayed the role as Polly in the radio adaptation of the 1853 novel Villette. This novel was broadcasted as a three-hour radio serial on BBC Radio 4.
- Knightley is set to star alongside Alexander Skarsgård in The Aftermath, a film adaption of the novel by Rhidian Brook. She is also set to play Katharine Gun in Official Secrets.
- In 2007, Knightley sued the Daily Mail for publishing an article about whether she has anorexia or other eating disorder. Knightley won the lawsuit, and was awarded £3,000 ($6,000) in damages.
- She added to this amount and donated a total of £6,000 ($12,000) to Beat, a charity for those who suffer mental illness and eating disorders.
- In September 2016, Knightley co-hosted A Night to Remember, part of the Green Carpet Challenge, a charity event highlighting sustainability within the fashion industry.
- In September 2017, Knightley traded stocks on behalf of the spinal muscular atrophy charity SMA Trust as part of the BGC Charity Day which was set up to commemorate the stockbrokers who were killed during the 9/11 terror attacks.
- In October 2018, Keira Knightley revealed, while speaking to the Hollywood Reporter Awards Chatter, she had a mental breakdown at 22 and was diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder as she struggled to adjust to her sudden rise to fame.