Karla Souza is a Mexican actress. She is known for her role as Laurel Castillo on the ABC legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder. Souza first studied acting at Centro de Educación Artística, an acting school run by Televisa, in Mexico City. She also attended acting school in France and was part of a professional theatre company that toured throughout that country. While still in France, Souza auditioned and was selected to participate in the French reality TV show Star Academy however, she turned down the offer after receiving an invitation to study at London’s.
Karla Olivares Souza
She has dual citizenship Mexican and American.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Karla was born on December 11, 1985, in Mexico City, Mexico.
She is currently 33 years old.
On her father’s side, she has Chilean ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of Mexican descent.
Karla Souza went to the Centro de Educación Artística, which is an acting school operated by Televisa, a Mexican multi-media corporation. She later got enrolled at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London to graduate in 2008, with a BA degree in acting.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Monica Souza (Sister), Jeronimo Souza (Brother)
- Others – Elba Silva (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karla Souza has dated –
- Gonzalo García Vivanco (2009-2010) – Karla Souza started going out with actor Gonzalo García Vivanco in the early months of 2009. They were reported to have grown close while shooting for the TV show, Verano de amor. Their relationship was widely covered by the Mexican tabloids after they were spotted together in Paris in December 2009. However, a couple of months later, it was revealed that they had decided to go separate ways by mutual consent.
- Marshall Trenkmann (2013-Present) – Karla got engaged to banker Marshall Trenkmann in December 2013. At the time of their engagement, it was widely reported that they had been dating for quite some time. In May 2014, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony. She gave birth to their first child, a girl, Gianna in 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 162 cm
- In meters – 1.62 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123.5 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Being cast in the role of Lauren Castillo in the legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder. Having appeared in a couple of hit Mexican movies such as Nosotros los Nobles and Instructions Not Included.
Karla made her acting debut with the 19993 film, Aspen Extreme, as a child actress. She was first seen playing a lead role in 2010 in the film El efecto tequila as Ana Luisa. She received her first Award (ACE Award for Best New Actress) in 2012 for her role as Roxana Robledo in the film, Suave patria.
In 2008, Karla made her first TV show appearance in Espejismos episode of soap opera, Terminales.
Karla Souza has not done endorsement work for any brand.
Karla Souza Favorites
- Favorite Places – Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nice, London
- Favorite Los Angeles Restaurant – Superba Snack Bar in Venice
- Favorite Mexico Restaurant – Tacos el Greco
- Favorite London Restaurant – Ma Cuisine in Kew Gardens
- Favorite Nice Restaurant – L’Elefant Blue
- Favorite Lunch Hotspot – Sugarfish
- Favorite Dinner Hotspot – Swaddee in Coronado
Karla Souza Net worth
Karla Souza has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. She lives with her husband Trenkmann in a luxury mansion in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karla Souza
- While growing up, she was really into gymnastics and did it for seven years. In fact, she has revealed that if she hadn’t pursued acting, she would have loved to become a gymnast.
- She quit gymnastics at age 14 because her parents were against her decision to become a professional gymnast.
- She is multilingual who’s mastered in Spanish, English and French.
- She first approached the makers of the show How to Get Away with Murder for an audition through her manager, but was unlucky though. She later auditioned for three roles before she was opted her for the role of Laurel.
- In February 2015, Souza appeared on the cover of Women’s Health.
- In March 21, 2015, Karla gave her first TEDx talk in Leon, Guanajuato, on the topic “Sweet are the Fruits of Adversity”. It became the most-seen Spanish TEDx talk with more than a million views.
- In February 2018, Souza appeared in Mexican journalist Carmen Aristegui show and revealed that she had been a victim of sexual assault. Souza stated that, when she was 22, she was raped by the director of a TV show she was working in she did not name her attacker.