Jyothika is an Indian actress who predominantly appears in Tamil films. She also acted in some Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi films. She debuted in Bollywood in the Hindi film Doli Saja Ke Rakhna directed by Priyadarshan. She starred in her first Tamil film Vaali and her first Telugu film Tagore opposite Chiranjeevi. She has won numerous accolades including three Filmfare Awards South and three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards.
Jyothika, Jo, Sona
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jyothika was born on the 18th of October 1977, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 42 years old.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
She is of Punjabi heritage on her father’s side and Maharashtrian heritage on her mother’s side.
Jyothika completed her schooling in Learner’s Academy, Mumbai. She later majored in Psychology at the Mithibai College in Mumbai.
- Father – Chander Sadanah (Film Producer)
- Mother – Seema Sadanah
- Siblings – Roshini Sadanah (Sister), Suraj Sadanah (Brother) (Assistant Film Director)
- Relatives – Nagma (Half-Sister) (Actress, Politician), Rajkumari Goel (Paternal Aunt), Devendra Goel (Paternal Uncle) (Director)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jyothika has dated –
- Suriya (2001- Present) – Jyothika and Suriya started dating since 1999 after working together in the film Poovellam Kettuppar. After seven years of dating, they got married on 11 September 2006 and they have two children – daughter Diya (born 10 August 2007) and son Dev (born 7 June 2010).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 149 lbs
- Measurements – 36-28-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Jyothika is the first Indian actress to win both Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil and the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress. In 2001, she worked in the trilingual film Little John as Vani which released in 3 different languages – Tamil, Hindi and English. She ranked at the top among the best actresses of South India by The Times of India.
In 1998, Jyothika started her film debut career by playing the role of Pallavi Sinha in the Bollywood film, Doli Saja Ke Rakhna. In 2002, she made her Telugu and Kannada debut with a multilingual film, One Two Three. In 2007, she first appeared in a Malayalam film, Rakkilippattu.
She hasn’t appeared in television series yet.
Jyothika has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Nescafé Sunrise, Iraya, Shakti Masala, Saravana Stores, Gokul Santol, Aircel, Idhayam, Paragon Footwear, Santoor Soap & Comfort.
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan, John Travolta
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Simran
- Favorite Singer – Hariharan
- Favorite Writer – John Grisham
- Favorite Music Director – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Destination – London
- Favorite Color – Red, Black
- Favorite Food – Butter Chicken
Jyothika Net worth
Jyothika has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020. She lives with her husband and his family in a luxurious house in Chennai. She owns a BMW 5 Series car.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media profile.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jyothika
- Jyothika is a psychologist by profession.
- She worked in different languages such as Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
- Jyothika is the first Indian actress to win both Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil and the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
- She has been featured on the cover of various distinguished magazines such as JFW and South Scope.
- Jyothika is the first brand ambassador to be chosen by Zee Tamil. She is featured as the voice of channels multi-media campaign.
- In 1998, her debut film appearance was as Pallavi Sinha alongside actor Akshaye Khanna in Doli Saja Ke Rakhna.
- In 1999, her first role was in Vaali for which she won Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
- In 2000, her appearance in the film Kushi was when she got her breakthrough.
- In 2001, she worked in the trilingual film Little John as Vani, which released in 3 different languages Tamil, Hindi and English.
- In 2005, she was presented with the prestigious Kalaimamani Award by the Tamil Nadu State Government.
- Jyothika along with actor Vivek have been appointed as ambassador for plastic free Tamil Nadu campaign by the State government under the leadership of Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami.
- In 2015, Jyothika was listed at 2nd place at by The Times Of India (Chennai) on their list of Most Desirable married women of Kollywood.
- In 2017, Jyothika received the JFW Award for Most Successful Actress in South Film Industry.
- In 2018, she appeared as the lead role of Chitra, a housewife to Arvind Swamy’s in Mani Ratnam’s film Chekka Chivantha Vaanam.