Justin Trudeau is a Canadian politician who has served as the 23rd prime minister of Canada since 2015 and has been the leader of the Liberal Party since 2013. Trudeau is the second youngest Canadian prime minister after Joe Clark; he is also the first to be related to a previous holder of the post as the eldest son of Pierre Trudeau.
Justin Pierre James Trudeau
Politician, Former Teacher
Birthday / Date of Birth
Justin Trudeau was born on the 25th of December 1971, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
He’s currently 51 years old.
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Justin studied at Rockcliffe Park Public School, Lycée Claudel d’Ottawa and Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf. In 1994, he then joined McGill University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Literature. In 1998, he attended the University of British Columbia and completed a Bachelor’s degree in Education.
In 2002, Trudeau enrolled at Montreal’s École Polytechnique to study engineering but left it in 2003. Again, in 2004, he entered a one year master’s program in environmental geography at McGill University but did not complete the course.
- Father – Pierre Elliot Trudeau [Former Prime Minister of Canada (1968-1979; 1980-1984)]
- Mother – Margaret Sinclair Trudeau
- Siblings – Alexandre Emmanuel Trudeau (Younger Brother) (Filmmaker, Journalist, Author), Michel Charles-Émile Trudeau (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Trudeau has dated –
- Sophie Grégoire (2003-Present) – They got married on May 28, 2005. They have 3 children – 2 sons named Xavier James (b. October 18, 2007) and Hadrien Grégoire (b. February 28, 2014) and a daughter named Ella-Grace Margaret (b. February 5, 2009).
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Trudeau is the second youngest Canadian prime minister after Joe Clark; he is also the first to be related to a previous holder of the post as the eldest son of Pierre Trudeau. Trudeau supported the Liberal Party from a young age, offering his support to party leader John Turner in the 1988 federal election.
Justin Trudeau Favorites
- Favorite Food – Asian
- Favorite Restaurant – Sakura Gardens in Montreal
Justin Trudeau Net worth
Justin Trudeau has an estimated net worth of $13 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Justin Trudeau
- Instagram – justinpjtrudeau
- Twitter – Justin Trudeau
Some Lesser Known Facts About Justin Trudeau
- Trudeau is the 23rd prime minister of Canada.
- In Canadian history, he is the first child of a prime minister to become prime minister himself.
- Before becoming a prime minister, he used to work as a snowboarding instructor, nightclub bouncer and camp counselor.
- He regularly boxes and participates in charity matches.
- Justine endorsed the legalization of marijuana in Canada during his campaigning for the seat of prime minister.
- He does not drink coffee.
- On his left arm, he has a Haida raven tattoo with Earth inside it.
- In 1998, he lost his brother Michel in an avalanche while skiing in Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park.
- In 2002, he criticized the Government of British Columbia’s decision to stop its funding for a public avalanche warning system.
- In September 17, 2006, Trudeau was the master of ceremonies at a Toronto rally organized by Roméo Dallaire that called for Canadian participation in resolving the Darfur crisis
- In June 24, 2013, Trudeau first publicly expressed an interest in the legalization of marijuana while speaking at a rally in Kelowna, B.C.
- In January 2018, in a speech at the World Economic Forum, Trudeau called for critical discussion on issues brought up by the Me Too movement.
- In February 2018, Trudeau was criticized when his administration invited Khalistani nationalist Jaspal Atwal to the Canadian High Commission’s dinner party in Delhi.
- On September 11, 2019, Trudeau visited the Governor General, Julie Payette, to request the dissolution of Parliament
- On March 12, 2020, his family self-isolated at their Rideau home in Ottawa after his wife began exhibiting flu-like symptoms and later tested positive for COVID-19.