Sophie Grégoire Trudeau is a Canadian philanthropist known for being the wife of Justin Trudeau, the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada. She is a former television host and is involved in charity work and public speaking, focusing mainly on women’s and children’s issues. Her first job was as a receptionist and assistant at an advertising firm.
Media Personality, Public Speaker
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau was born on the 24th of April 1975, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
She’s currently 44 years old.
Rideau Cottage, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Grégoire attended high school at the private Pensionnat du Saint-Nom-de-Marie in Outremont. She subsequently attended the Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf before studying commerce at McGill University, intending to follow her father’s career path but soon switched to communications and ultimately graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from the Université de Montréal.
- Father – Jean Grégoire (Stockbroker)
- Mother – Estelle Blais (Nurse)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Grégoire has dated –
- Justin Trudeau (2003-Present) – Sophie got married to Justin Trudeau at the Sainte-Madeleine d’Outremont Church on May 28, 2005. The couple became parents to son Xavier James Trudeau on October 18, 2007, daughter Ella-Grace Margaret Trudeau on February 5, 2009 and son Hadrien Grégoire Trudeau on February 28, 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Sophie is known for her extensive charity work and her involvement with a variety of causes as a speaker and mentor, especially women’s and children’s issues. She was awarded the 2013 UN Women National Committee Canada Recognition Award for her contribution to human rights.
Sophie has endorsed the following brands- Dove, WE Well-Being, Canadian Mental Health Association, Sheena’s Place (Eating Disorder Clinic), The Blue House, Women’s Heart and Stroke Association, BACA Foundation, WaterCan, Shield of Athena & Canadian Cancer Society.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau Net worth
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
Sophie is fluent in French, English and Spanish and brought up her children to speak English and French.
- She is a certified yoga instructor.
- Sophie went to school with Michel Trudeau, her husband Justin’s youngest brother. Sadly, Michel died in an avalanche in 1998 at the age of 23.
- She plays the guitar and flute. Additionally, she is also trained in jazz, ballet and African dance.
- In 2005, Sophie attended a charity function where she met several CTV Television Network employees.
- In October 2006, she traveled to Ethiopia with her mother-in-law Margaret Trudeau in support of the charity WaterCan which provides clean water and basic hygiene to underdeveloped countries.
- In the 2007, their trip was featured documentary A Window Opens: Margaret and Sophie in Ethiopia.
- In 2016, she sang a song she had composed titled Smile Back at Me at the end of a speech delivered by her in honour of Martin Luther King, Jr Day at Ottawa City Hall.
- In 2017, she was named as an influencer for the Deliver for Good campaign of Women Deliver.
- In March 12, 2020, Sophie was tested positive for COVID-19 after she showed flu-like symptoms shortly after she returned from London attending a public speaking event.