Juhi Chawla is an Indian actress who has worked in different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Bengali, Malayalam and Punjabi. In 1984, she was Miss India winner primarily works in Hindi cinema and has won two Filmfare Awards. In 2008, Chawla in partnership with Shah Rukh Khan and her husband Jay Mehta, acquired ownership rights for the franchise representing Kolkata in the Twenty20 cricket tournament Indian Premier League (IPL) for $75.09 million and named the team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
Birthday / Date of Birth
Juhi Chawla was born on the 13th of November 1967, in Ambala, Haryana, India.
She’s currently 55 years old.
She is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side and has Gujarati ancestry on her mother’s side.
Juhi did her schooling at Fort Convent School, Mumbai and did her graduation with specialization in Human Resources from Sydenham College, Mumbai.
- Father – Dr. S Chawla (Indian Revenue Service Officer)
- Mother – Mona Chawla (Hotel Employee)
- Siblings – Bobby Chawla, Sonia Chawla (Brother)
- Relatives – Kiara Advani (Niece) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Juhi Chawla has dated –
- Jay Mehta (1995-Present) – In 1995, Juhi got married to a businessman Jay Mehta, who was earlier married to the Yash Birla‘s sister Sujata Birla. Sujata Birla died in 1990 in a plane crash. The couple has a daughter Jhanvi Mehta who was born in 2001 and a son Arjun Mehta who was born in 2003.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Juhi is one of the popular actresses of Bollywood film industry due to her hard work. In 1984, she was received the winner of the Miss India title and same year she also won the Best Costume Award at the Miss Universe contest.
In 1964, Juhi made her debut Hindi film appearance as Zarina in director Mukul S. Anand’s Sultanat. She worked along with the likes of Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Sridevi, Amrish Puri, Shakti Kapoor, Tom Alter and Karan Kapoor.
In 1987, Chawla made her first Kannada film appearance as Shashikala in director Ravichandran’s Premaloka.
In 1988, Juhi made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Jaya in Kaliyuga Karnudu.
In 1989, Juhi made her debut Bengali film appearance as Deepika in director Sujit Guha’s Amar Prem. She was cast alongside well-known actor and producer Prosenjit Chatterjee.
In 1998, Chawla made her first Malayalam film appearance as Mira Varma in director Aleksa Muhammed Fazil’s Harikrishnans.
In 2004, Juhi first Punjabi theatrical film debut was as Jassi in director Manoj Punj’s in Des Hoya Pardes alongside well-known singer and actor Gurdas Mann and actress Divya Dutta.
In 2018, Chawla made her first Gujarati film appearance as a Doctor in director Umang Vyas’s Ventilator.
In 1986, Juhi made her debut television show appearance in Bahadur Shah Zafar.
Chawla has endorsed brands such as Lux, Dabur, Fair & Lovely, Maggie, Kurkure, Kesh King, Pepsi, Kissan, Gai Banaspati & Cooking Oil, Bigen, Wipro & Kellogg’s.
Juhi Chawla Net worth
Juhi Chawla has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Juhi Chawla
- Juhi is a trained dancer and classical singer.
- She has worked in films of all languages English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
- She has donated her eyes to an eye donation camp. She also advised people to donate blood.
- She had a rivalry with Madhuri Dixit at the peaks of their careers in the 90s.
- She considers herself to be a born traveler and feels most connected to Indonesia and Japan.
- In 1992, Chawla appeared in Bol Radha Bol alongside Rishi Kapoor, for which she received her third Filmfare nomination for best actress.
- In 1997, Juhi returned with the top-grossing romantic comedies Yes Boss, Deewana Mastana and Ishq.
- In 1998, she appeared once again alongside Shah Rukh Khan in Duplicate, the film was produced by Yash Johar and was directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
- In 1998, Chawla participated in a concert tour entitled Awesome Foursome alongside Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Akshay Kumar across the United Kingdom, Canada and United States.
- In 2000, Juhi along with actor Shah Rukh Khan and director Aziz Mirza founded a production company with the name Dreamz Unlimited and the first film that was produced in this production company is Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani.
- In 2001, she appeared in the action comedy One 2 Ka 4 with Shah Rukh Khan in their seventh collaboration together and with Jackie Shroff the film was a flop at the box office.
- In 2009, Chawla featured as a talent judge for the third season of Sony Entertainment Television India’s dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 alongside Saroj Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant.
- In 2011, she hosted the Color’s Badmaash Company – Ek Shararat Hone Ko Hai.
- In 2018, Juhi was chosen as the face of the third edition of the Ministry of Women & Child Development’s Women’s Organic Festival of India.