Joan Smalls is a American supermodel and actress. In 2013, she ranked at #8 on Forbes magazine’s “World’s Highest-Paid Models” list. In 2011, she became the first Latina model to represent Estée Lauder cosmetics. In January 2014, Smalls appeared on the “Return of the Supermodel” cover of American Elle. In 2012, Smalls was ranked the number #1 model in the world by Models.com, she is currently ranked as one of the New Supers in the fashion industry. In 2010, Smalls began modeling for Victoria’s Secret and was featured in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show from 2011 to 2016.
Joan Rodriguez Smalls
Joanji, Joan, Joan Rodriguez
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joan Smalls was born on July 11, 1988 in Hatillo, Puerto Rico.
She is currently 30 years old.
Smalls graduated from the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- Father – Eric Smalls (Accountant)
- Mother – Betzaida Rodríguez (Social Worker)
- Siblings – She has two sisters.
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joan Smalls dated –
- Bernard Smith (2011-Present) – Since 2011, Joan is dating American businessman, Bernard Smith.
- In feet – 5 feet 10½ inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 112 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Having worked with big fashion houses and brands.
Joan has not acted in any film.
Till now, she has appeared only in Fashion Shows. Joan appeared in Ready to Wear – Spring /Summer 2008 and other fashion shows as well.
Joan has appeared in many advertisements including Calvin Klein Jeans, Chanel, Cop-Copine, David Yurman, Dillard’s, Estée Lauder, Giambattista Valli for Macy’s, Givenchy, Givenchy eyewear, Gucci, Gucci eyewear, Lacoste, Liz Claiborne, Neiman Marcus, Ports 1961, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney.
Joan Smalls Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15 and Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Lipgloss – Estee Lauder Nude Rose Lipgloss
- Favorite Photographer – Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
- Favorite Place – Tanzania, Africa
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin and Tabitha Simmons
- Favorite Food – Spanish
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
Joan Smalls Net worth
Joan Smalls has a estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joan Smalls
- She was signed by Elite Model Management in 2007.
- Joan Smalls has featured alongside Bruno Mars in Vogue 2011 edition.
- Joan Smalls started modeling for Victoria’s Secret and has appeared in 2011 Fashion Show.
- Some of her friends are Bobbi Wiens, Danielle Hamm, Shelby Coleman, Lea T.
- She has a pet named, Mr. Grey (cat). She left her pet cat at her parents’ house in Puerto Rico.
- She wants that Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy should design her wedding dress.
- Being a model, her every day is unpredictable as she needs to travel to different places for fashion shows, which she likes it.
- Joan has appeared in Ricky Martin‘s “It’s Alright” video.
- She spent her first hard earned money for buying a car for her father.
- Joan Smalls was selected to walk the ramp exclusively for Givenchy Spring 2010 couture show.
- In 2009, she left Elite Model Management and signed with IMG Models worldwide, where she changed her focus to runway work.
- She was signed as a Givenchy exclusive for Riccardo Tisci’s Spring/Summer Haute Couture show in January 2010, and her modeling career took off.
- In September 2012, Smalls was ranked #1 on the “Top 50 Models Women” list by Models.com.
- In September 2012, Smalls was named “Model of the Year” at the 9th Annual “Style Awards”. Supermodel Iman presented Smalls with the award.
- In 2013, Smalls ranked #8 on Forbes magazine’s “World’s Highest-Paid Models” list, earning an estimated $3.5 million.