Emily Mortimer is an English actress and screenwriter. She began acting in stage productions and has since appeared in several film and television roles. In 2003, she won an Independent Spirit Award for her performance in Lovely and Amazing. She is also known for playing roles in the HBO series The Newsroom and as the voice actress of Sophie Hatter in the English language version of Howl’s Moving Castle, Match Point, Lars and the Real Girl, Chaos Theory, Harry Brown, Shutter Island, Hugo and Mary Poppins Returns.
Emily Kathleen Mortimer
She holds dual citizenship in the United States and England.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Emily Mortimer was born on December 1, 1971 in London, England, UK.
She is currently 47 years old.
Mortimer attended St Paul’s Girls’ School in west London and went on to study English Literature and Russian at the Lincoln College, Oxford University. There she performed in several plays. She studied acting at the Moscow Arts Theater Drama School for two years.
- Father – John Mortimer
- Mother – Penelope (née Gollop)
- Siblings – Rosie Mortimer (Younger Sister), Sally Silverman (Older Half-Sister), Jeremy Mortimer (Older Half Brother), Ross Bentley (Half-Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Mortimer has dated –
- Alessandro Nivola (2003-Present) – In 2000, Mortimer met American actor Alessandro Nivola while both were starring in Love’s Labour’s Lost. Emily Mortimer married American actor Alessandro Nivola on January 3, 2003 in the village of Turville in the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire. They have two children, a son, Samuel John Nivola (b. September 26, 2003) and a daughter, May Rose Nivola (b. January 15, 2010).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters -1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Having played Elizabeth Marks in Lovely and Amazing (2001), Cathie Dimly in Young Adam (2003), Rachel Solando in Shutter Island (2010) and as Mackenzie McHale in the HBO political drama series The Newsroom from 2012 to 2014.
Emily Mortimer made her acting debut with historical adventure film, The Ghost and the Darkness in 1996, playing the role of Helana Patterson.
Her first television appearance came in 1994 when she was cast as Angela in an episode titled “The Virgin of Vitebsk” of the TV series Under the Hammer.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Chicago Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actress||Lovely & Amazing||Nominated|
|Independent Spirit Awards||Best Supporting Female||Won|
|Satellite Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|2004||Empire Awards||Best British Actress||Young Adam||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle||British Supporting Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|2005||British Actress of the Year||Dear Frankie||Nominated|
|2007||Detroit Film Critics Society||Best Supporting Actress||Lars and the Real Girl||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards||Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|2009||Saturn Awards||Best Actress||Transsiberian||Nominated|
|2018||Goya Awards||Best Actress||The Bookshop||Nominated|
Emily Mortimer Net worth
Emily’s net worth is estimated to be $6 million dollars as of 2019. She charges $50,000 per episode for her work in television series. She lives with her family in Los Angeles.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Emily Mortimer
- Instagram – emortimer
- Twitter – Emily Mortimer
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emily Mortimer
- She began her acting career at a very young age, performing in school plays throughout her school years.
- She continued to perform in stage productions while in college and went on to work as a writer for the Daily Telegraph and writing screenplays.
- She shifted to screen acting early in her career, and has since appeared in a numerous film and television roles.
- She can speak fluently in Russian.
- In addition to on-screen roles, she did voice overs for Cars 2 and Howl’s Moving Castle.
- Emily was one year behind the famous actress Rachel Weisz at St Paul’s Girls’ School.
- The Mexican punk band Los Super Elegantes performed at their wedding.
- Her upcoming movies include Mary Poppins Returns and Honey in the Head.
- In 1998 she appeared as Kat Ashley in Elizabeth and played Miss Flynn in the television mini series Cider with Rosie, which was adapted for television by her father.
- In 1999, she played three roles: she was the “Perfect Girl” dropped by Hugh Grant in Notting Hill, Esther in the television mini series Noah’s Ark and Angelina, the star of the film within a film in Scream 3.
- In January 2013, it was announced that Mortimer would be co-creating and starring in the comedy series Doll & Em for Sky Living, along with her longtime friend, actress and comedian Dolly Wells.