Emily Kaplan is an American National NHL reporter, Host, and National Hockey Writer and is also working as the co-host of In The Crease- the podcast of ESPN NHL. In 2012, Emily started her career as a Penn State Football Reporter. Most often, she remains in the news because of her ongoing topics of news and the NHL games and also because she often takes interviews with the contenders participating in the games. Before joining ESPN, Emily Kaplan worked as a staff writer for sports illustrated (2014 to 2017), Sports Intern at Boston Globe (May 2013 to August 2013), Stringer at the Associated Press (2010 to 2013), and Penn State Football Reporter at The Philadelphia Inquirer (September 2012 to January 2013).
Birthday / Date of Birth
Emily Kaplan was born on the 7th of May 1991, in New Jersey, United States.
She’s currently 32 years old.
Between 2005 and 2009, Emily went to Montclair High School. In 2009, Emily went to Penn State University, in 2013, where she received her graduation in journalism.
- Father – Dave Kaplan (Sunday sports editor)
- Mother – Naomi Kaplan
- Siblings – Leah Kaplan (Older sister), Eva Kaplan (Younger sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Kaplan has dated –
Emily has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Emily became known as a reporter and journalist for NHL. Kaplan has been serving ESPN relentlessly for more than five years and currently gained fame for reporting for Disney’s NHL coverage. She authored articles on well-known athletes like Patrick Mahomes, Johnny Manziel, and Malcolm Butler.
Emily Kaplan Net worth
Emily Kaplan has an estimated net worth of $450K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emily Kaplan
- Emily was born in New Jersey and was brought up along with her two sisters (one elder and one younger) by her loving and adorable parents,
- Kaplan’s dad used to work as a Sunday sports editor for the New York Daily News. Her dad was a huge fan of hockey and she developed her interest in the same game so the father-daughter duo used to spend hours together watching Rangers games.
- Emily first started off her career as a Penn State Football reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer right Aafter graduating.
- After five months she joined Boston Globe as a sports intern and worked as a sports illustrator before officially being hired as a full-time writer.
- In 2014, at the age of 22, she joined Sports Illustrated as s staff writer and worked for three years until June 2017.
- In July 2017, Emily joined ESPN as a National NHL reporter and currently works there, she is also a co-host for the podcast In the Crease.
- She has covered various headlines starting from Stanley Cup Finals to the COVID-19 pandemic seasonal reportings, the NHL’s struggling periods, the anxieties, and the hard work of the NHL players during the pandemic season, and how they mentally cope with the situations.
- Kaplan is a regular reporter on the ESPN Channel and used to host weekday programs discussing topical sports issues with journalists around the globe.