Ellen Page is a Canadian actress and producer. Her career began with roles in Canadian television shows including Pit Pony, Trailer Park Boys and ReGenesis. Page starred in the 2005 drama Hard Candy, for which she won the Austin Film Critics Association’s Award for Best Actress.
Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page
Peeps, Small, The Tiny Canadian
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ellen Page was born on February 21, 1987 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
She is currently 32 years old.
Until grade 10, she went to Halifax Grammar School. Subsequently, she went to Queen Elizabeth High School. Finally, in 2005, she graduated from Shambhala School in Halifax, Nova Scotia. For about two years, she went to Toronto to study Interact Program at Vaughan Road Academy. She attended this academy with actor Mark Rendall.
- Father – Dennis Page (Graphic designer)
- Mother – Martha Philpotts (Teacher)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellen Page has dated –
- Ben Foster (2006-2007) – American actor, Ben Foster and Ellen Page appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand together and were seen together off-screen as well for a couple of months from 2006 to 2007. It was a RUMOR as there was no confirmation from either of the party.
- Frankie Muniz (2008) – In 2008, Ellen had pre-Oscar breakfast with actor Frankie Muniz and thus sparked RUMORs of their dating together.
- Mark Rendall (2008-2009) – Actors Mark Rendall and Ellen Page dated each other from 2008 to 2009.
- Emile Hirsch (2010-2011) – From April 2010 to January 2011, actors Emile Hirsch and Ellen Page were RUMORed to be dating ON and OFF.
- Clea DuVall (2011) – The actresses Clea DuVall and Ellen were romantically linked to each other in 2011. Clea is nearly 10 years her senior.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2012-2013) – Ellen met The East co-star, Alexander Skarsgård in June 2012 and soon started dating. They were an item for roughly a year and called it quits in April 2013.
- Samantha Thomas (2015-2017) – In September 2015, Ellen Page publicly stepped out with artist girlfriend Samantha Thomas. This was their red carpet appearance publicly. Then they were seen smooching in the car when Samantha came to pick Ellen at LAX airport in April 2016. They seemed to have dated until January 2017 as neither of them publicly announced the breakup.
- Emma Portner (2017-Present) – In July 2017, Ellen started dating dancer Emma Portner after they recorded Britney Spears‘ Lucky together. They announced their marriage news on Instagram in January 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 155 cm
- In meters – 1.55 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
Playing Juno MacGuff in comedy-drama film Juno (2007), Ariadne in science fiction heist thriller film Inception (2010) and as Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat in the superhero film X-Men film series.
Ellen Page made her acting debut in 2002, playing Joanie in Wiebke von Carolsfeld’s Canadian film, Marion Bridge.
From 1999 to 2000, Ellen appeared in CBC’s television series Pit Pony for her role as Maggie Maclean. Ellen appeared in a total of 29 episodes.
As of 2010, Ellen is the spokesperson for “Cisco Systems“ and has appeared in a series of advertisements.
Ellen Page Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep
- Favorite Music / Band – Radiohead, Ron Sexsmith
- Favorite Color – Green
- Favorite Movie – The 400 Blows (1959)
- Favorite Role Model – Patti Smith
Ellen Page Net worth
Ellen Page has a net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ellen Page
- She wanted to be an actress from a young age and attended the Neptune Theater School.
- Since childhood, she always desired to be an actress and her professional career started at the age of 10.
- She is good friends with her Juno co-star Olivia Thirlby.
- Ellen describes herself as a pro-choice feminist
- She was ranked at #1 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch “future stars of tomorrow”.
- In 2008, Ellen was ranked #8 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actress list, and that same year, she was also ranked #10 on Moviefone’s ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25’.
- In 2008, Page was one of 30 celebrities who participated in an online ad series for US Campaign for Burma, calling for an end to the military dictatorship in Burma.
- In June 2012, Quantic Dream announced a video game entitled Beyond: Two Souls in which Page and Willem Dafoe portray the protagonists Jodie Holmes and Nathan Dawkins, respectively.
- She provided the voice acting, motion capture and likeness for the character Jodie Holmes in the video game Beyond: Two Souls (2013).
- In February 14, 2014, Page came out as gay during a speech at the Human Rights Campaign’s “Time to Thrive” conference in Las Vegas.
- In 2014, she was included as part of The Advocate‘s annual “40 Under 40” list.
- In November 9, 2017, it was announced that Page was cast in the main role of Vanya Hargreeves in the Netflix series, The Umbrella Academy which was renewed for a second season in April 2019.
- In November 10, 2017, Page alleged that filmmaker Brett Ratner outed her as gay on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand, when she was 18 years old, nearly a decade before she came out publicly.