Divya Spandana is an Indian movie actress and politician, who predominantly appears in Kannada film industry. She not only appears in Kannada film she also appeared in other language movies like Tamil and Telugu. She made her debut movie Abhi which is a Kannada movie in this movie she appeared in the role of Bhanu and she appeared along with Puneeth Rajkumar. She started her political career in the year 2012 by joining in Indian National Congress as a member of the youth wing. In 2013, Spandana won the 2013 by-election and become the Member of Parliament for Mandya constituency in Karnataka but she was defeated in the general election in the following years.
Ramya, Mari, Golden Girl of Kannada Cinema, Sandalwood Queen
Indian National Congress (INC)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Divya Spandana was born on the 29th of November 1982, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
She’s currently 40 years old.
- School – St. Hilda’s school, Ooty, Tamilnadu, Sacred Heart School (Church Park), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- College – St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Qualifications – 12th Pass
- Father – Late R. T. Narayan (politician)
- Mother – Ranjitha Ramya (politician)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Divya Spandana dated –
Raphael, Swiss-German Businessman (2011)
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 162 cm
- In meters – 1.62 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist -28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
- Kannada Film– Abhi (2003)
- Political Debut: Joined Indian National Congress in 2011
- In 2013, Divya was in controversy when she filed an FIR against a photo-journalist for taking her pictures without her permission.
- In August 2016, Spandana was charged with sedition after saying that Pakistan is not hell.
Divya Spandana Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Cheeranjeevi, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Shobana, Soundarya
- Favorite Politician – Sonia Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi
- Favorite Color – Green, Black
- Favorite Director – Yogaraj Bhat
- Favorite Destinations – Ooty, Kerala, Australia
- Favorite Food – Masala Dosa, Nutella, Liquid Jaggery
Divya Spandana Net worth
Divya Spandana has a estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Spandana
- Her parents hail from the district of Mandya in the Indian State of Karnataka.
- She was very close to her foster father, R.T. Narayan, who addressed her as Mari (little one) and she called him Gundappa.
- Ramya has acted in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu films.
- She appeared in a short film- Prarambh by Meera Nair which was based on AIDS awareness.
- Due to her more than 90% success rate in the Kannada Cinema, she is referred as the Golden Girl of Kannada Cinema.
- Due to her popularity in the Kannada Cinema, she is also referred as the Queen of Sandalwood.
- Spandana has been the Brand Ambassador of IPL team- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
- In 2005, she became popular in the Kannada Cinema after her performances in the films- Gowramma, Aakash and Amrithadhare which were major box-office successes.
- Ramya was awarded twice with Filmfare Best Actress for her roles in Tananam Tananam in 2006 & Sanju Weds Geetha in 2011.
- She entered politics in 2011 after becoming a member of Indian National Congress (INC).
- In 2013, she was elected a Member of Parliament from Mandya Constituency in Karnataka.
- In 2013, Divya appeared in a tele serial- Ashwini Nakshatra.