Busy Philipps is an American actress, writer, producer and director. She is known for her roles on the television series’ Freaks and Geeks, Dawson’s Creek and ER and for her portrayal of Laurie Keller on the ABC series Cougar Town, for which she received a Critics’ Choice Television Award.
Elizabeth Jean Philipps
Birthday / Date of Birth
Busy Philipps was born on June 25, 1979 in Oak Park, Illinois, United States.
She is currently 40 years old.
She is of English and German origin.
Busy Philipps went to the Chaparral High School in Scottsdale. After graduating from high school, she got admission at the Loyola Marymount University.
- Father – Joseph Philipps
- Mother – Barbara Philipps
- Siblings – None
- Others – Joseph F. Phillips (Paternal grandfather), Delsie Fields (Paternal Grandmother)
Busy Philipps is represented by Mosaic Talent Management Company.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Busy Philipps has dated –
- Colin Hanks (1997-2000) – Busy Philipps started dating actor Colin Hanks while they were studying at the Loyola Marymount University. She was 18 years old when they started dating, whereas, he was 19. They dated for about three years before going separate ways. However, they had remained close over the years and even they go for vacations together along with their families.
- Marc Silverstein (2007-Present) – Busy got married to screenwriter Marc Silverstein in 2007. However, they had been dating for more than half a decade before they decided to get married. On the eve of their marriage, he even prepared a legal binding contract in which he declared his intention to love her and to keep her happy forever. In August 2008, she gave birth to a daughter, Birdie Leigh. Busy gave birth to a son, Cricket Pearl in July 2013. She opted to name her son after insect because after birth he was rubbing his arms and legs together like his namesake insect.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters -1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 134.5 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being cast as Laurie Keller in the drama comedy series, Cougar Town. Playing the supporting role in the 2008 romantic comedy movie, Made of Honor.
In 2000, Busy made her film debut in the role of Karen Carter in drama thriller, The Smokers.
In 1999, Busy was seen in the series, Saving Graces as Mindy.
Busy Phillips hasn’t starred in an endorsement campaign for any brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Teen Choice Awards||Dawson’s Creek||“Choice TV: Sidekick”||Nominated|
|2011||Critics’ Choice Television Awards||Cougar Town||Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series||Won|
Busy Philipps Favorites
- Favorite Food – Mexican Food
- Favorite TV Show – Friends or any bedtime program on HGTV
- Favorite Movie – Kicking and Screaming (1995)
- Favorite Color – Dark Purple
Busy Philipps Net worth
Busy Philipps has a estimated net worth of $13 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Busy Philipps
- Before embarking on an acting career, she used to work as a live Barbie doll in the fair circuit. She was 17 years old at that time.
- In her free time, she likes to indulge in cake art and going by her social media feed, she is quite good at it.
- In April 2017, she had a weird encounter after hailing an Uber cab after having dinner with husband. She freaked out after finding a random third person in the back seat of SUV and thought, he was going to murder them.
- She got her nickname ‘Busy’ when she was a child. As she was always moving around, her parents thought it was best suited for her. She even uses it for her credit card.
- In 1999, she gave screen tests for Lindsay Weir for the 18-episode TV series, Freaks and Greeks. However, the producers felt she was best suited for the role of Kim Kelly.
- She is so close to actress Michelle Williams that they have been often mistaken as lovers. However, she totally understands these rumors and isn’t offended at all.