Derrick Rose is an American professional basketball player for the Minnesota Timber wolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). After being named the NBA Rookie of the Year, Rose, at age 22, became the youngest player to win the NBA Most Valuable Player Award in 2011. Rose was born and raised in the Chicago area and attended Simeon Career Academy. He was highly recruited by NCAA scouts and coaches, eventually choosing to join the University of Memphis under coach John Calipari. Rose led the Memphis Tigers to the most wins in NCAA history (a 38–2 record), their first number one ranking in 25 years and an appearance in the NCAA championship game. In 2009, an NCAA investigation revealed that Rose’s SAT scores had been invalidated and as a result, the NCAA vacated Memphis’ entire 2007–08 season.
Derrick Martell Rose
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Derrick Rose was born on October 04, 1988 Chicago, Illinois, United States.
Derrick Rose is currently 30 year old.
Derrick Rose owns a multi million condominium in the Trump Towers in Downtown Chicago.
He is a devout Christian.
In 2003, Derrick Rose got admission at the Simeon Career Academy. After completing his high school education from the academy, he got enrolled at the University of Memphis Tigers on a scholarship.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Brenda Rose
- Siblings – Dwayne Rose (Older Brother), Reggie Rose (Older Brother), Allan Rose (Older Brother)
Derrick Rose is represented by
- B. J. Armstrong
- Los Angeles based Wasserman Media Group Llc. (Sports Management Agency)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derrick Rose has dated-
- Mieka Reese (2007-2013) – Derrick Rose started going out with Mieka Reese in the early months of 2007. They had started dating while they were studying in high school. In October 2012, she gave birth to their son, Derrick Jr. In October 2013, she released a public statement revealing that she and Derrick had decided to end their relationship.
- Marisa Miller (2009) – In October 2009, the Chicago based tabloids claimed that Rose was having an affair with model Marisa Miller. At an NBA event, she had even nominated Derrick Rose among the Chicago’s sexiest athletes.
- Alaina Anderson (2016-Present) – In 2016, he started dating Instagram star, Alaina Anderson. They got engaged in the early months of 2018. In April 2018, she gave birth to their daughter, Layla.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
His high profile stint with the NBA giants Chicago Bulls. He especially sparkled in the early phase of his stint with Bulls, during which he managed to win multiple selections in NBA All-Star team. He struggled with knee injuries thereafter.
Basketball Match Debut
He made his professional basketball debut in the 2008-09 season.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
in 2008, Derrick Rose made his first TV show appearance on the sports talk show, Rome Is Burning.
- 1 – Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers
- 25 – Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks
In December 2011, Derrick Rose extended his existing endorsement deal with Adidas with a new deal worth $250 million for over 10 years.
Derrick Rose Favorite
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Candies
- Favorite Meal – Pizza
- Favorite Pizza Restaurant – Home Run Inn
- Favorite Basketball Player – Michael Jordan
- Favorite Sport Apart From Basketball – Baseball
- Favorite Car – Phantom Rolls Royce
- Favorite Vacation Place – Hawaii
- Favorite Snacks – Twizzlers
- Favorite TV Show – CSI
- Favorite Drink – Strawberry daiquiri
- Favorite Subject In School – English
- Favorite Music Artist – Lil Wayne
- Favorite Movie – Seven Pounds (2008)
- Favorite Video Game – Xbox 2K9
- Favorite Greatest Fear – Spiders
Derrick Rose Net worth
Derrick Rose has an estimated net worth of $85 million dollars which he has earned through salaries & contracts in the league but most importantly from endorsement deals.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Derrick Rose
- As soon as he started making waves in the Chicago basketball scene, his mother decided to limit his outside interactions in a bid to keep him away from bad influence and street agents.
- After his high school graduation, he was heavily courted by University of Illinois and Indiana University. But he decided to go to University of Memphis Tigers because of their better record in producing NBA players.
- In April 2008, Derrick decided to forgo his remaining 3 years of university basketball and opted to sign up for the NBA draft.
- In 2009, it was alleged that Rose was at the center of grading controversy as it was claimed that his grades were changed at the high school to improve his college prospects.
- In 2008, he was selected as the first overall pick by the Chicago Bulls in the NBA draft.
- In 2009, he became the third Chicago Bulls player after Michael Jordan and Elton Brand to win Rookie of the Year award. He was also selected in the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- In 2009, Derrick became the second player after legendary Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to record 36 points as a rookie in the playoff debut. Abdul-Jabbar had recorded the same score in 1970.
- In his playoff debut, he also became the second player after Chris Paul to have scored 35 points as well as 10 assists.
- In January 2010, ESPN reported that his jersey was the 4th best-selling jersey in NBA.
- In May 2011, he became the first 22 years old NBA player to be declared the NBA Most Valuable Player. He was 22 years and 6 months old at that time. The previous record holder was Wes Unseld, who was 23 years and 2 months old when he was named MVP in 1969.
- Rose also became the second Chicago Bulls player after legendary Michael Jordan to be named the NBA Most Valuable Player.
- In December 2011, he signed a new 5-year contract extension with Bulls. The extension was worth $94.8 million and was 30% of Bulls’ salary cap, which was the maximum allowed as per NBA rules.
- In 2012, he tore ACL in his left knee in the first game of the playoffs against Philadelphia 76ers. He had to undergo surgery in May to start his recovery.
- In 2016, he was the subject of the federal civil lawsuit as it was claimed that Rose and his two friends had sexually assaulted a woman after breaking into her Los Angeles apartment. He and his friends were later cleared of any wrongdoing by the jury.
- Visit his official website @ drosehoops.com.