Dejo Tunfulu is a Nigerian actor and movie producer. He was an outstanding actor who carved a niche for himself and proved to be one of the best in the industry, appearing in several Nigerian movies. He was popularly known for his role in Hally The Drummer and Jide Jendo. Tunfulu played a key role in the movie titled: “Omo Oran”, featuring the veteran actor Fatai Adetayo (Lalude) which earned him massive fame in the industry. Tunfulu won at the NET Honours Class of 2022 two months after his demise.
Kunle Makinde Adetokunbo
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dejo Tunfulu was born on the 31st of May 1972, in Abeokuta, near Lagos, Nigeria.
He was died on the 1st of April 2022 (aged 49), in Nigeria.
He has Yoruba ancestry.
Dejo attended Ansar-Ud-Deen primary school in Lagos. The legendary actor further his education at the Dolphin High School, Ebute Elefun, Lagos Island, Lagos State, where he obtained his School Certificate and went further to obtain a certificate in printing from Modern Way Nigeria School of Printing.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dejo Tunfulu has dated –
- Adesola Olakunle – Dejo was married to his first wife, Mrs. Adesola Olakunle, until her unfortunate passing in December 2012. Mrs. Adesola reportedly gave up in the early hours of the day during childbirth. The actor’s marriage to his first wife blessed him with two adorable daughters, one of which is Sammyhat Pamilerin.
- Deola Idowu Gunwa (Former classroom teacher) – Tunfulu tied the knot with his fiance, Deola Idowu Gunwa, in a low-key traditional wedding ceremony with only a few family and friends present. With his second wife, he welcomed two children, including a son named Adetunji. In May 2018, the actor gave out his daughter in Marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Dejo became known for his role in Hally The Drummer (2016) and Jide Jendo (2020). He also known for Apere Ijongbon, Yemi my Lover, and Ejide, Ito. His rise to fame in the Nigerian entertainment industry followed his role alongside renowned actor Fatai Adetayo in the film Omo Oran (Lalude).
In 1987, Tunfulu had his first film onscreen role in the movie, Apere Ijongbon.
Dejo Tunfulu Net worth
Dejo Tunfulu has an estimated net worth of $800K dollars as of 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dejo Tunfulu
- Dejo was born in Idumota, a beautiful and quite resourceful neighborhood in Lagos state.
- The actor originally hailed from Ikija Abeokuta in Ogun state, South West Nigeria.
- Even as a child, Dejo was popular among his peers as a comedian, and during his secondary school years, he joined the entertainment society (a school drama club) and performed in a few staged plays at school.
- He took a bolder step toward his acting ambition by joining the Akuko Gagara Theatre Group and the Kolawole International Theatre Group.
- In 1987, his career started in a television series titled Apere Ijongbon. He got his nickname ‘Dejo Tunfulu’ by acting as a stammerer in comic roles.
- Another source says he began his acting career in the television program ‘Theatre Omode’ and became known by the name Dejo in the movie Aje ni Iya mi, in which he played the role of Dejo.
- In 2017, he featured alongside the late Babatunde Omidina in Baba Suwe and had a lead role comic dance drama Boda Ode.
- His rise to fame in the Nigerian entertainment industry followed his role alongside renowned actor Fatai Adetayo in the film, Omo Oran (Lalude).
- Prior to his death in 2022, Dejo was known to appear in a rib-cracking movie, Jide Jendo alongside actors like Ibrahim Chatta and Kunle Afod.
- Tunfulu won at the NET Honours Class of 2022 two months after his demise.