Ayra Starr is a Beninese-born Nigerian singer. She began a fashion career at the age of 16 with Quove Model Management before deciding to pursue a career in music. After covering several songs by popular artists on Instagram, she posted her first original song on her page. In 2021, Starr achieved mainstream recognition with her eponymous debut extended play and its hit track “Away”, which spent two consecutive weeks at number four on Nigeria’s TurnTable Top 50 chart; the song also peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Top Triller Global chart, paving the way for the release of her first full-length mixtape, 19 & Dangerous.
Oyinkansola Sarah Aderibigbe
Celestial Being, Ayra Starr
Afrobeats, R&B, Alté
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ayra Starr was born on the 14th of June 2002, in Cotonou, Benin.
She’s currently 21 years old.
He has African ancestry.
Starr attended Les Cours Sonou University and received a BA degree in international relations and political science
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ayra Starr has dated –
Ayra has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ayra became known for hits such as Rush, Away, Bloody Samaritan, and Sability. She is also a fashion model enjoying a massive online audience across various social media platforms. Ayra Starr ventured into modelling at 13 when she was signed with Quove Model Management, representing numerous brands.
In December 2019, Starr uploaded an original song called Damage on her Instagram page. This was heard by thousands of people including label executive Don Jazzy and led to her first recording contract with Mavin Records. On 6 August 2021, her debut studio album, titled 19 & Dangerous was released.
Ayra Starr Net worth
Ayra Starr has an estimated net worth of $850K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayra Starr
- Ayra was born in Cotonou, Benin, and grew up there and in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Her family moved frequently during her high school years because of her father’s business, and as a result she had a hard time forming close friends.
- Having been raised in a music-loving family, her interest in singing comes mostly from her family. At the age of 10, she sang in a high school choir and began writing songs with her brother.
- In August 2018, Starr was signed with Quove Models, a modelling agency based in Lagos. From there, she modelled for companies such as Mazelle Studio, Complete Fashion Magazine and Esperanza Woman.
- In 2019, she began posting covers of songs by artists like Andra Day and 2Face Idibia online.
- She chose her stage name because, in her words, “it means woke and eye-opening and that’s what I stand for”.
- She appeared in the music video for Eri Ife’s song Dear Future Wife.
- In 2020, she started recording at Mavin Studios in Lagos with producers Louddaaa and Don Jazzy. Her self-titled debut extended play was released on 22 January, 2021 through Mavin Records.
- On 11 July 2021, Ayra performed for the season finale of Nigerian Idol. She debuted on Pandora Predictions chart, and on 28 August 2021, she ranked number two on the Billboard‘s Next Big Sound.
- On 4 September 2021, she was named brand ambassador for Pepsi Nigeria. The following day, Starr performed during a live eviction episode of Big Brother Naija.
- On March 4, 2023, Starr took to social media to announce her music was used as soundtrack for blockbuster American action movie, Creed III.