Chloe Sevigny is an American actress, director, model and fashion designer. She is mostly known for her work in independent films, often appearing in controversial or experimental features. She is the recipient of several accolades, including a Golden Globe, a Satellite Award and an Independent Spirit Award as well as Academy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations. She also has a career in fashion design concurrent with her acting work.
Chloë Stevens Sevigny
Actress, Model, Director, Fashion Designer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chloe Sevigny was born on November 18, 1974, in Springfield, Massachusetts, United States.
She is currently 44 years old.
She is of French Canadian descent on her father’s side while she is Polish American on her mom’s side.
She attended Darien High School in Darien, Connecticut.
- Father – H. David Sevigny (Accountant turned interior painter)
- Mother – Janine (née Malinowski)
- Siblings – Paul Sevigny (Older Brother) (New York Disc Jockey)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chloe Sevigny has dated –
- Harmony Korine (1994-1997) – Chloe dated film director and producer, Harmony Korine from 1994 to 1997. They separated amicably and are still friends.
- Jarvis Cocker (1998-1999) – English musician, Jarvis and Sevigny dated each other from 1998 to 1999.
- Matt McAuley (1999-2007) – She, then dated for nearly eight years with A.R.E. Weapons bassist Matt McAuley from 1999 to 2007. Chloe’s older brother Paul is also the founding member of this band (formed in 1999) along with Matt.
- Vincent Gallo (2002-2004) – Actor Vincent Gallo was RUMORed to be dating Chloe from 2002 to 2004. Gallo never admitted the relationship.
- Damon Dash (2004) – Damon Dash, an entrepreneur was RUMORed to had fling with Chloe in August 2004, when they were seen kissing each other at ‘The Brown Bunny’ New York premiere after party at Maritime Hotel.
- James Ransone (2008) – In July 2008, Chloe and actor James attended the premiere of “Generation Kill” together and sparked the RUMORs of dating.
- Jason Segel (2009) – Again in February 2009, she dated briefly another actor Jason Segel.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her portrayal of Lana Tisdel in the 1999 biographical film, “Boys Don’t Cry”, helped her to achieve mainstream success. Directed by Kimberly Peirce, the film is based on the true events of a trans man named Brandon Teena who was brutally raped and murdered in 1993 in Humboldt, Nebraska, USA. Sevigny played the role of a lady who falls in love with Teena, who initially unaware of the fact that he was biologically female and continued the relationship despite learning about his birth gender.
She appeared in the 1995 drama film Kids for her role as Jennie. For her contribution to this film, she also received a “Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female” nomination.
In 2004, Chloe appeared in NBC’s sitcom Will & Grace for her role as Monet in an episode titled “East Side Story”.
Fashion Show Debut
She debuted on ramp with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2001 fashion show in which she walked the ramp for Imitation of Christ.
Sevigny has appeared in Cesare Paciotti, H&M and Miu Miu commercials.
Chloe Sevigny Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Sean Penn
- Favorite Actresses – Sissy Spacek, Shelley Duvall, Linda Manz
- Favorite Movies – Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975), Badlands (1973), The Night of the Hunter (1955)
- Favorite Food – Watercress
Chloe Sevigny Net worth
Chloe Sevigny has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. She owns a classic six apartment residence, overlooking Prospect Park in Park Slope, Brooklyn, which she purchased for $2 million in October 2013.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chloe Sevigny
- She was discovered by Andrea Linett, fashion editor at Sassy magazine on an East Village street when she was 17 years old.
- She modeled for the magazine and later modeled for X-Girl.
- She had her first screen kiss in Trees Lounge (1996) from Steve Buscemi.
- She has graced numerous magazine covers including Elle, Vogue, Glamour, RG Vogue, Spur, Numero, Cleo, Ginza, Harper’s Bazaar, ID, Nylon, Condé Nast Traveler and others.
- In 2001, she turned down a $500,000 supporting role in the movie, Legally Blonde.
- In December 2003, she underwent dental surgery after falling in a pair of high heeled boots and breaking four of her teeth.
- She friends with tattoo artist Scott Campbell.
- In March 2015, it was announced Sevigny would be returning to American Horror Story, for its fifth season Hotel, as a main cast member.
- In April 2015, Rizzoli released a picture book celebrating Sevigny’s style legacy, featuring her photos through the years, with shots of her as a high school student, on-set photos, scripts and other personal ephemera.
- Visit Chloe’s official website @ chloesevigny.com.