Charlie Puth is an American singer, songwriter and record producer. His initial exposure came through the viral success of his song videos uploaded to YouTube and his first feature See You Again, which he co-wrote, co-produced and performed with Wiz Khalifa for the Furious 7 soundtrack as a tribute to Paul Walker. In 2017, he released two songs, Attention and How Long, with the former peaking at number five on Billboard Hot 100. In August 2019, Puth released the lead single I Warned Myself from his third studio album.
Charles Otto Puth Jr.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Atlantic Records, ARP, Eleveneleven
Birthday / Date of Birth
Charlie Puth was born on the 2nd of December 1991, in Rumson, New Jersey, United States.
He is currently 31 years old.
He has German ancestry on his father’s side, while he has Jewish ancestry on his mom’s side.
Charlie attended the Holy Cross School, Rumson and Forrestdale Middle School, before graduating from the Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School in 2010. During his seventh grade to senior years, he attended Manhattan School of Music Pre-College as a jazz piano major and a classical studies minor. Puth graduated in 2013 from the Berklee College of Music, where he majored in music production and engineering.
- Father – Charles Puth
- Mother – Debra Puth
- Siblings – Stephen (Brother), Mikaela (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie Puth has dated –
- Bella Thorne (2016) – In December 2016, Charlie went on to watch a movie with actress Bella Thorne and the duo were even pictured kissing together.
- In feet – 5 feet 10¾ inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
- Measurements – 37-13.5-31
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Dark Brown (Natural)
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Charlie hit single Marvin Gaye ft. Meghan Trainor. It was certified as 2x Platinum in Australia and reached the peak positions on other country’s music charts. In March 2015, he is also known as a featured singer in Wiz Khalifa song See You Again.
In November 6, 2015, Charlie released his debut album Nine Track Mind by Atlantic Records. Though the album did not receive favorable reviews from critics and music lovers, it managed to reach number 6 on the Billboard 200 chart.
In 2015, Puth guest appeared on the episode titled, Jim Parsons/Miles Teller/Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
He has not endorsed any of the brands, but his Marvin Gaye song was featured in the Fiat 500 Vintage ’57 ad.
Charlie Puth Net worth
Charlie Puth has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charlie Puth
- Charlie last name Puth is pronounced as poo-th.
- When he was two years old, his right eyebrow got scarred due to a dog bite. It is now a permanent scar.
- Puth began taking music lessons at the age of four years old. His mother being a music teacher herself, taught him classical music, piano and jazz.
- He was a prankster at school. Charlie was once about to get suspended when he sounded a bell, 15 minutes before the school was set to finish for the day.
- Puth admires artists James Taylor and John Mayer and is a huge fan of One Direction.
- Charlie revealed through a video that before he was famous as a singer, he used to code computer software in his room and had no social life.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 13.
- He has produced music for Jason Derulo, Trey Songz and other artists.
- If he could collaborate with any musician, it would be James Taylor.
- Charlie has a crush on Kendall Jenner.
- He has a King Charles Cavalier named, Brady. He brought his dog, Brady on his first date with a girl on the beach.
- In September 2009, he started his own YouTube channel, entitled Charlies Vlogs, posting comedy videos and acoustic covers.
- In 2010, Puth released the music video of his first song, These Are My Sexy Shades.
- In 2010 he released his debut Extended Play The Otto Tunes as an independent release.
- In 2011, he won an online video competition known as Can You Sing? which was sponsored by the American TV personality Perez Hilton.
- In October 2011, he was signed to Ellen DeGeneres‘s record label Eleveneleven.
- In October 23, 2013, he released his second independent extended play, Ego, to streaming online.
- In June 2015, he released the promotional single Nothing but Trouble with Lil Wayne, from the soundtrack to the documentary 808: The Movie.
- In 2016, Puth was the first musician to sign a deal with Deutsch Music, a subsidiary of Deutsch Inc.
- In January 4, 2018, Puth released the first promotional single If You Leave Me Now featuring Boyz II Men.
- In August 13, 2019, a remix version of the 5 Seconds of Summer song Easier with Puth (who also co-wrote and produced the original version) was released.
- In August 21, 2019, Puth released a single called I Warned Myself another single, Mother, was released on September 12 the same year.