Cate Blanchett is an Australian actress and theatre director. She has received many accolades, including two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards and three BAFTA Awards. Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007 and in 2018, she was ranked among the highest-paid actresses in the world. Blanchett has been awarded the Centenary Medal by the Australian government, who made her a companion of the Order of Australia in 2017.
Catherine Élise Blanchett
Actress, Theatre Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Cate Blanchett was born on May 14, 1969 in Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia.
She is currently 50 years old.
Crowborough, East Sussex, England
Cate is of English descent, with a distant French and Scottish ancestry.
Cate attended Ivanhoe East Primary School in Melbourne. She completed secondary education from Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School and subsequently took admission into Methodist Ladies’ College in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Finally, Blanchett studied fine arts and economics at the University of Melbourne.
- Father – Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr (Was United States Navy petty officer and after retiring worked as an advertising executive) (Died in 1979)
- Mother – June (née Gamble) (Previously worked as a teacher and Australian property developer)
- Siblings – Genevieve Blanchett (Younger Sister) (Theatrical designer), Bob Blanchett (Older Brother) (Computer Systems Engineer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cate Blanchett has dated –
- Andrew Upton (1997-Present) – Blanchett is married to playwright and screenwriter Andrew Upton. They met in 1996 on the set of a TV show and were married on 29 December 1997. The couple have four children: three sons and one adopted daughter. They are sons Dashiell John Upton (born 2001), Roman Robert Upton (born 2004), Ignatius Martin Upton (born 2008) and daughter Edith Vivian Patricia Upton. Blanchett said that she and her husband had been wanting to adopt ever since the birth of their first child.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Playing Queen Elizabeth I in the 1998 film Elizabeth, as Katharine Hepburn in the 2004 film The Aviator, as Sheba Hart in the 2006 film Notes on a Scandal, as Jude Quinn (Bob Dylan) in the 2007 film I’m Not There, as Jeanette ‘Jasmine’ Francis in the 2013 film Blue Jasmine.
Cate starred in her debut movie Police Rescue: The Movie for her role as Vivian released in 1994.
She is the face of Procter & Gamble’s SK-II. She is also the ambassador for Australian Conservation Foundation.
Cate Blanchett Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Mia Wasikowska
- Favorite Mascara – SK-II’s or Tom Ford’s mascara
- Favorite Skin Care Products – Sensai (By Sisley), SK-II eye cream,
- Favorite Makeup Artist – Mary Greenwell
- Favorite Novelist – Peter Carey
Cate Blanchett Net worth
Cate Blanchett has an estimated net worth of $85 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
She is not present on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cate Blanchett
- When Cate was 10, her father died due to heart failure.
- During her childhood, she was kind of “part extrovert, part wallflower”.
- Methodist Ladies’ College is the place, where she developed her passion for acting.
- She has also done theater work and appeared in dozens of plays.
- Initially, Cate was considered for the voice role of Mrs. Fox in the 2009 animated adventure comedy movie Fantastic Mr. Fox, but the later the role was offered to Meryl Streep.
- She gave birth to her third child at the age of 38.
- Blanchett was presented with the role of Daisy Fuller in the 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button after English actress Rachel Weisz backed out as she had scheduling problems.
- She is good friends with fellow Australian actress Nicole Kidman.
- On March 30, 2012, she was appointed as Chevalier the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government to recognize her contribution in the field of arts.
- As of 2014, she received six Oscar nominations, out of which four were to play real people. But, she was able to win only 1 Oscar award for the 2004 film The Aviator in which she played Katharine Hepburn.
- In November 2015, it was reported that Blanchett was in talks to appear in the film adaptation of the best-selling book Where’d You Go, Bernadette, which will be directed by Richard Linklater.
- Blanchett has appeared in over 50 films and over 20 theatre productions. As of 2018, Blanchett’s films have grossed more than $10 billion at the worldwide box-office.
- In 2018, Blanchett starred in Ocean’s 8, the all-female spin-off of the Ocean’s Eleven franchise, directed by Gary Ross, opposite Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kaling, Helena Bonham Carter and Rihanna
- In 2018, she was ranked among the highest-paid actresses in the world.